Dimension Films has acquired rights to the comedy guidebook How to Defeat Your Own Clone. Ed Ricourt, who wrote the feature treatment, is set to adapt the script. Ellen Goldsmith-Vein and Eric Robinson of The Gotham Group are producing, Gotham’s Peter McHugh is exec producing and Matthew Stein and Matthew Singer are overseeing for Dimension. The book, written by Kyle Kurpinski and Terry D. Johnson, takes a humorous look at the possible ramifications of human cloning, and how one can outsmart and defeat your genetically engineered self if the need arises. The film would center on a clone-dominated society and one man’s quest to turn the tide back in favor of humans. “I’m excited to be working with Gotham and Ed Ricourt and feel this story has a fun and unique take on cloning that will be an entertaining movie for audiences,” Bob Weinstein said. Ricourt, who was part of the Marvel writing program, has his script Now You See Me, starring Jesse Eisenberg and directed by Louis Leterrier, in preproduction with Summit Entertainment. He is repped by CAA and The Gotham Group.
Dimension Acquires Rights To Comedy Guidebook 'How To Defeat Your Own Clone'
What's Hot on Deadline
Veterans 'Elementary', '2 Broke Girls', 'Criminal Minds' & 'Amazing Race' Among Series Left In Limbo After CBS Renewals
CBS Renews 5 Freshman & 11 Returning Series, Including 'MacGyver', 'Superior Donuts', 'Life In Pieces' & 'Hawaii Five-0'
Latest Film News
- 'Casting JonBenet' Trailer: Director Kitty Green Revisits Murder Case Using Local Talent
- ‘Justice League’ Teaser Trailers Spotlight Batman, Aquaman & The Flash – Update
- Sony Update: New Candidate Emerges In Former Fox Exec Tony Vinciquerra
- AMPTP To Stuntwomen: If You See Something, Say Something
- Amy Pascal Wins Auction For Laura Dave Novel ‘Hello, Sunshine’; Author Scripting With ‘Spotlight’s Josh…
- Emily Hampshire To Star In Indie ‘Never Saw It Coming’