Dawn Taubin, a former domestic marketing president at Warner Bros Pictures, has joined the faculty at Chapman University’s Dodge College of Film and Media Arts. She has been tapped as Professor of Public Relations and Advertising and will lead Dodge’s program that brings together PR and advertising students with student filmmakers to create marketing plans for student films. “I am delighted to have the opportunity to take on a larger role at Dodge College,” she said in a release announcing her appointment. “As an adjunct professor I’ve come to have great appreciation for this unique program. It is exciting and rewarding for me to take what I have learned throughout my career in entertainment marketing and share it with the creative and passionate Chapman students.” Taubin joined Warner Bros in 1989 as VP Publicity and held various positions until she was promoted to head of marketing in 2002. She was let go in January 2008. She also has her own entertainment-industry consulting company, Cinema Vision.
Dawn Taubin Joins Film School Faculty
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Saturday: 'Guardians' No. 1 All-Star Lord; 'As Above/So Below' Best Of Newbies; 'Cantinflas' Still Strong
More From Team
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'
- A+E Networks Outbids Time Warner For 10% Vice Media Stake
- HBO Miniseries 'Olive Kitteridge' Sets November Premiere Dates