Dawn Taubin, a former domestic marketing president at Warner Bros Pictures, has joined the faculty at Chapman University’s Dodge College of Film and Media Arts. She has been tapped as Professor of Public Relations and Advertising and will lead Dodge’s program that brings together PR and advertising students with student filmmakers to create marketing plans for student films. “I am delighted to have the opportunity to take on a larger role at Dodge College,” she said in a release announcing her appointment. “As an adjunct professor I’ve come to have great appreciation for this unique program. It is exciting and rewarding for me to take what I have learned throughout my career in entertainment marketing and share it with the creative and passionate Chapman students.” Taubin joined Warner Bros in 1989 as VP Publicity and held various positions until she was promoted to head of marketing in 2002. She was let go in January 2008. She also has her own entertainment-industry consulting company, Cinema Vision.
Dawn Taubin Joins Film School Faculty
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pacific Rim Uprising' Takes No. 1 With $23M+; 'Black Panther' Best Marvel Title Ever At Domestic B.O., Beating 'Avengers'
Latest Film News
- ‘Scandal’s Darby Stanchfield & Daisy Prescott Cast In ‘Justine’
- Tiffany Haddish Will Give Voice To ‘Lego Movie’ Sequel Character
- ‘Hunter Killer,’ Starring Gerard Butler & Gary Oldman, Pegged For October Release
- Female Directors Scorecard: Sony’s ‘Barbie,’ ‘Charlie’s Angels’ And More
- Nate Parker’s Next Gig: ‘Black & Blue,’ Feature About LAPD Hero Ralph Waddy
- ‘Superfly’ Trailer: Director X Moves The Action To Atlanta