Dawn Taubin, a former domestic marketing president at Warner Bros Pictures, has joined the faculty at Chapman University’s Dodge College of Film and Media Arts. She has been tapped as Professor of Public Relations and Advertising and will lead Dodge’s program that brings together PR and advertising students with student filmmakers to create marketing plans for student films. “I am delighted to have the opportunity to take on a larger role at Dodge College,” she said in a release announcing her appointment. “As an adjunct professor I’ve come to have great appreciation for this unique program. It is exciting and rewarding for me to take what I have learned throughout my career in entertainment marketing and share it with the creative and passionate Chapman students.” Taubin joined Warner Bros in 1989 as VP Publicity and held various positions until she was promoted to head of marketing in 2002. She was let go in January 2008. She also has her own entertainment-industry consulting company, Cinema Vision.
Dawn Taubin Joins Film School Faculty
What's Hot on Deadline
Sarah Silverman Calls Fellow Bernie Sanders Supporters "Ridiculous"; Al Franken Rips Donald Trump At DNC - Update
DNC Gavels In As Talk Swirls Of Bernie Sanders' Name Being Put In Nomination; Ohio Rep. Made Convention Chair
Toronto To Open With 'The Magnificent Seven'; 'La La Land', 'Deepwater Horizon' Among Galas & Presentations
Latest Film News
- Toronto To Open With ‘The Magnificent Seven’; ‘La La Land’, ‘Deepwater Horizon’ Among Galas…
- TIFF 2016 Lineup Announcement Live Stream
- Disney-Owned Foodles Production Admits Two Breaches Over Harrison Ford ‘Star Wars’ Accident
- Paramount And European Union Finalize Deal Over Anti-Trust Investigation
- Panama Papers Movie Set At Netflix; John Wells Teams With Journos Who Broke Story
- Festival Fever Begins: Will ‘Magnificent Seven’ Saddle Up As Toronto Opener?