EXCLUSIVE: This is a surprising agency switch given how busy David Milch has been of late. But insiders are telling me it appears to be more fallout from Milch butting heads with Michael Mann on Luck and divvying up responsibilities for the HBO show. The writer and producer of Hill Street Blues, NYPD Blue, Deadwood, and short-lived John From Cincinnati has won four Emmy Awards along with the WGA Laurel Award for TV Writing Achievement. Most recently, he’s written and produced Luck about the culture of horseracing starring Dustin Hoffman and Nick Nolte scheduled to debut early next year. Milch is currently working on the Warner Bros feature Heavy Rain which Bob Shaye’s company is producing.
David Milch Moves from CAA To ICM
What's Hot on Deadline
Universal Lands Hot Novel 'The Girl Before'; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
Pete Hammond's Notes On The Season: Eddie Redmayne Dines Out, Sly Stallone Trusts In Youth, And Leonardo Di Caprio Deserves The Medal Of Honor
Latest Film News
- Deadline’s The Contenders: ‘Son Of Saul’ Director László Nemes & Star Géza Röhrig Discuss The Harrowing Cannes Winner’s Journey…
- What Is This ‘Project Delirium’ Jennifer Lawrence Wants To Direct?
- Universal Lands Hot Novel ‘The Girl Before’; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
- Lionsgate And ‘Gods Of Egypt’ Director Alex Proyas Apologize For Film’s Lack Of Diversity
- Roman Polanski Will Not Be Extradited To The U.S. From Poland
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Facebook Clip: Snoke Signals, Han Shoots First