EXCLUSIVE: Film and TV producer Dan Jinks has signed an overall deal with CBS Television Studios. This marks the first TV pact for the Dan Jinks Co, which Jinks launched in February 2010 when he and longtime producing partner Bruce Cohen moved to dissolve their 12-year partnership at the Jinks/Cohen Co. While splitting up on the feature side, Jinks and Cohen remained partnered in TV until the beginning of this year when their most recent deal with Warner Bros TV expired. At WBTV, Jinks and Cohen spent six years executive producing such series as ABC’s Pushing Daisies and Traveler and Lifetime’s Side Order of Life. “I’ve been quite fortunate in both film and TV to work with wonderful writers with strong voices,” Jinks said. “I look forward to continuing in that tradition with CBS.” Jinks and Cohen launched their producing partnership with 1999’s Sam Mendes-directed American Beauty and shared Best Picture Oscars on their very first film. Jinks’ feature producing credits with Cohen also include Milk and Big Fish. Former Jinks/Cohen executive Nick Nantell, who stayed with Jinks after the split, will serve as SVP Development at The Dan Jinks Co., with Tim Rogier as Creative Executive.
Dan Jinks Launches Solo TV Producing Career With Overall Deal At CBS Studios
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- ABC Nabs Medical Drama From David Marshall Grant & Vendetta As Put Pilot
- NBC Buys Conspiracy Drama From Greg Berlanti & Martin Gero
- TNT & TBS Head Of Programming Michael Wright To Depart
- Johnny Knoxville Inks First Look Deal With ABC Studios, Sells Family Comedy To ABC