UPDATED: The eighth-season ratings resurgence of Larry David’s Curb Your Enthusiasm continues. The hilariously outrageous Palestinian Chicken episode on Sunday drew 2.4 million viewers for the premiere 10 PM airing to become the HBO series’ most-watched episode in seven years. That was up a whopping 24% from last week’s second episode of the season, which in turn jumped 12% from the eighth-season premiere for a very impressive growth curve rarely seen so late in the run of a show. For the night, Curb averaged 2.9 million viewers, including the 10 PM and 12:30 AM telecasts, up 19% from last week. Curb led into the premiere of the final season of Entourage, which drew 2.5 million viewers at 10:30 PM, up 1% from last season’s premiere. For the two airings at 10:30 PM and 12 AM combined, the Hollywood-centric comedy averaged 3.2 million viewers, up 4% from last season’s combined debut. Leading off the night for HBO was vampire drama True Blood (5.3 million at 9 PM, 6.6 million for the night), up 4%.
'Curb Your Enthusiasm' Continues To Grow By Leaps & Bounds, 'Entourage' Steady
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Stephnie Weir Bank Comedy
- Fox Developing Drama About Airline Crew Moonlighting As Robbers
- Betsy Thomas Set As New 'Bad Judge' Showrunner
- Sam Richardson Upped To Regular On 'Veep'
- Nathan Parsons To Topline Amazon Pilot 'Point Of Honor', Luke Benward To Co-Star
- Rob Golenberg and Alon Aranya's Scripted World Inks First-Look Deal With Fox 21