UPDATED: The eighth-season ratings resurgence of Larry David’s Curb Your Enthusiasm continues. The hilariously outrageous Palestinian Chicken episode on Sunday drew 2.4 million viewers for the premiere 10 PM airing to become the HBO series’ most-watched episode in seven years. That was up a whopping 24% from last week’s second episode of the season, which in turn jumped 12% from the eighth-season premiere for a very impressive growth curve rarely seen so late in the run of a show. For the night, Curb averaged 2.9 million viewers, including the 10 PM and 12:30 AM telecasts, up 19% from last week. Curb led into the premiere of the final season of Entourage, which drew 2.5 million viewers at 10:30 PM, up 1% from last season’s premiere. For the two airings at 10:30 PM and 12 AM combined, the Hollywood-centric comedy averaged 3.2 million viewers, up 4% from last season’s combined debut. Leading off the night for HBO was vampire drama True Blood (5.3 million at 9 PM, 6.6 million for the night), up 4%.
'Curb Your Enthusiasm' Continues To Grow By Leaps & Bounds, 'Entourage' Steady
What's Hot on Deadline
'Thursday Night Football' Ratings Down From Thanksgiving 2016, Macy's Parade Steady, 'Young Sheldon' Up
'Coco' Now Higher With $74M+ Thanks To A+ CinemaScore; 'Justice League' At $61M+; 'Wonder' Wows At $32M+: Friday AM Update
Uma Thurman To Harvey Weinstein: "I'm Glad It's Going Slowly, You Don't Deserve A Bullet... Stay Tuned"
Denzel Washington & Dan Gilroy On Why 'Roman J. Israel, Esq' Never Left The '60s Behind - The Contenders Video
Latest TV News
- Peter Baldwin Dies: ‘Mary Tyler Moore’, ‘Wonder Years’ Director Was 86
- Apple Investment In Original Video Will Reach $4.2 Billion By 2022: Report
- ‘Thursday Night Football’ Ratings Down From Thanksgiving 2016, Macy’s Parade Steady, ‘Young…
- Al Franken: “Committed To Regaining Trust”; More Comment Expected Sunday
- Matt Berry Reveals British Comedy ‘Toast Of London’ Is To Return
- CBS and Dish Reach Carriage Agreement