UPDATED: The eighth-season ratings resurgence of Larry David’s Curb Your Enthusiasm continues. The hilariously outrageous Palestinian Chicken episode on Sunday drew 2.4 million viewers for the premiere 10 PM airing to become the HBO series’ most-watched episode in seven years. That was up a whopping 24% from last week’s second episode of the season, which in turn jumped 12% from the eighth-season premiere for a very impressive growth curve rarely seen so late in the run of a show. For the night, Curb averaged 2.9 million viewers, including the 10 PM and 12:30 AM telecasts, up 19% from last week. Curb led into the premiere of the final season of Entourage, which drew 2.5 million viewers at 10:30 PM, up 1% from last season’s premiere. For the two airings at 10:30 PM and 12 AM combined, the Hollywood-centric comedy averaged 3.2 million viewers, up 4% from last season’s combined debut. Leading off the night for HBO was vampire drama True Blood (5.3 million at 9 PM, 6.6 million for the night), up 4%.
'Curb Your Enthusiasm' Continues To Grow By Leaps & Bounds, 'Entourage' Steady
What's Hot on Deadline
TV Academy Board Votes To Initiate Disciplinary Proceedings On Harvey Weinstein; Hearing Set For November
Latest TV News
- ‘Thursday Night Football’ Ratings Down As Raiders Score Close Win Over Chiefs
- Tracy Morgan Talks Brooklyn Gentrification, Halloween Costume With Jimmy Kimmel
- TV Academy Board Votes To Initiate Disciplinary Proceedings On Harvey Weinstein; Hearing Set For November
- Dodgers Clinch World Series Berth; Can Yankees Complete Major TV Market Sweep?
- Fox Buys Native American Family Comedy From Lucas Brown Eyes & ‘It’s KatzSmith
- Sean Penn Calls Netflix’s ‘El Chapo’ Docu “Cheap” & “Reckless”; It’s Still…