NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment and Cable Studios, the NBCUniversal division run by chairman Bonnie Hammer, is making a top PR change as 2 veteran NBC Universal PR executives get new roles. Cory Shields has been named EVP, Communications of the division, overseeing the communications efforts of all its properties, which include USA Network, Syfy, E! Entertainment, G4, Sleuth, Chiller, Universal HD, and Universal Cable Studios. Meanwhile, SVP John Kelley, who had been Hammer’s top PR executive overseeing communications for the cable networks and studio under her purview, has been named to the new position of SVP, Communications, Pro-Social And Diversity Initiatives for NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment And Cable Studios. He will report to Shields. Most recently Shields served as EVP Global Policy Strategies and Alliances, where he worked within the NBCUniversal anti-piracy team. Previously, he served as EVP, Communications for NBC Universal since June of 2006. He came to NBC Universal from Sony BMG Music Entertainment, where he served as SVP, Corporate Communications. Shield’s first tour of duty at NBC was from 1997-2004, rising to SVP, Corporate Communications. Kelley joined USA Network in 2002 as SVP, Communications.
Cory Shields To Head PR For NBCU Cable Entertainment, John Kelley Gets New Role
What's Hot on Deadline
'Cristela' Creator & Star Cristela Alonzo Pens 'Possible Goodbye' Letter To Fans, Addresses Show's Potential End & Legacy
Latest TV News
- ‘Cristela’ Creator & Star Cristela Alonzo Pens ‘Possible Goodbye’ Letter To Fans, Addresses Show’s Potential End…
- ‘The Brink’ Trailer: HBO’s New Geopolitical Comedy
- ESPN Says Verizon FiOS Contracts Don’t Permit Separate Sports Packages – Update
- Michael Roark Joins ‘Finding Carter'; Alexandra Metz To Recur On ‘Chicago Fire’
- Sterling K. Brown To Play Christopher Darden In 'The People V. O.J. Simpson'
- ‘Late Show’ Warmup At Tribeca? Colbert Tells Lucas “I’m Not The Guy To Take Over For Jon Stewart”…