NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment and Cable Studios, the NBCUniversal division run by chairman Bonnie Hammer, is making a top PR change as 2 veteran NBC Universal PR executives get new roles. Cory Shields has been named EVP, Communications of the division, overseeing the communications efforts of all its properties, which include USA Network, Syfy, E! Entertainment, G4, Sleuth, Chiller, Universal HD, and Universal Cable Studios. Meanwhile, SVP John Kelley, who had been Hammer’s top PR executive overseeing communications for the cable networks and studio under her purview, has been named to the new position of SVP, Communications, Pro-Social And Diversity Initiatives for NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment And Cable Studios. He will report to Shields. Most recently Shields served as EVP Global Policy Strategies and Alliances, where he worked within the NBCUniversal anti-piracy team. Previously, he served as EVP, Communications for NBC Universal since June of 2006. He came to NBC Universal from Sony BMG Music Entertainment, where he served as SVP, Corporate Communications. Shield’s first tour of duty at NBC was from 1997-2004, rising to SVP, Corporate Communications. Kelley joined USA Network in 2002 as SVP, Communications.
Cory Shields To Head PR For NBCU Cable Entertainment, John Kelley Gets New Role
What's Hot on Deadline
'Gods Of Egypt': 'Selma' Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity - Update
Black Friday Box Office Explodes: Top 20 Pics +112% Over Thanksgiving; Katniss Eyes $74.4M 5-Day - Saturday AM Update
Universal Lands Hot Novel 'The Girl Before'; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
Two-Time Oscar Winner Jane Fonda Back In The Hunt For 'Youth' Three Decades After Her Last Nomination
'Person Of Interest' Gets 'The Mentalist' Treatment With 13-Episode Order; Will Season 5 Be Its Last?
Latest TV News
- Al Markim, Who Played Astro In Pioneering ‘Tom Corbett, Space Cadet,’ Dies At 88
- ‘MasterChef Jr.’ Ratings Down, ‘Amazing Race’ Even, ‘Santa Claus’ Matches 2014
- ‘NFL On CBS’ Snags Strong Thanksgiving Day Ratings
- Marvel’s ‘Agent Carter’ Season 2 Teaser: Hayley Atwell Kicks Butt In Hollywood
- Thanksgiving NFL Matchup Draws 27.8M Viewers, 2nd-Most Ever For NBC Primetime Regular-Season Game – Update
- French Media Dedicates Coverage To Emotional Memorial Service For Victims Of Paris Attacks