The leading provider of DVD rental kiosks generated 2Q profits of $26.7M, double what it delivered in the same period last year, on revenues of $435.2M, up 27%. Earnings at continuing operations came in a 98 cents a share, beating the 95 cents that analysts expected. But they also thought that revenues would be slightly higher at $437.7M. That contributed to a 1.6% drop for Coinstar shares in after-market trading even though the company also authorized a $250M stock buyback. “Our solid financial position enables us to prudently invest in our business and opportunistically return capital to our shareholders,” CFO J. Scott Di Valerio says. Redbox said today that it will rent video games at 5,000 additional kiosks beginning Aug. 1 bringing its total to 27,000.
Coinstar Shares Down Slightly In After-Hours Trading As Revenues For Redbox Owner Miss Analysts' Target
What's Hot on Deadline
'Dunkirk' To See Weekend Victory Of $55M+; 'Girls Trip' Hot At $27M+; 'Valerian' Falling To Earth With $16M
Sean Spicer Resigns As Anthony Scaramucci Named White House Communications Director; Trump Lauds "His Great Television Ratings"
Comic-Con: 'Outlander' EP Ronald D Moore Talks Seasons 3 & 4, Diana Gabaldon, 'Battlestar Galactica' & The Changing SDCC
Latest Film News
- ‘The Gift’: Patrick Stewart, Katie Holmes & Giancarlo Esposito Wrapping In Montreal
- ‘Shot Caller’ Review: ‘Game Of Thrones’ Star Nikolaj Coster-Waldau Plays A Game Of Survival In Gripping Prison…
- Blumhouse & Todd McFarlane Team For ‘Spawn’ Movie – Comic-Con
- From 'Fauda's Assaf Bernstein On 'Rose Madder’ To 'The Shining' Onstage: What's Behind Stephen King's Hollywood Renaissance?
- ‘Dunkirk’ To See Weekend Victory Of $55M+; ‘Girls Trip’ Hot At $27M+; ‘Valerian’ Falling To Earth With…
- Nicole Ari Parker To Star In Indie Comedy ‘Headshop’