Christopher McDonald, whose character Tommy Jefferson recurred last season on NBC’s Harry’s Law, has been upped to series regular for the upcoming season, which kicks off Sept. 21 on a new night and time period: Wednesdays at 9 PM. It’s the latest casting move for the legal drama, which last week added Tony winner Karen Olivo (West Side Story) as a regular, playing a new associate at the law firm run by Kathy Bates’ Harry. The series, from David E. Kelley and Warner Bros TV, also inked a deal with former Law & Order: LA star Alfred Molina for a three-episode arc as a man accused of murdering his wife. McDonald, who also recently appeared on the small screen in HBO’s Boardwalk Empire, is repped by Gersh, Brillstein Entertainment Partners and Andrew E. Freedman Public Relations.
Christopher McDonald Passes Bar, Will Become Regular On 'Harry's Law'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Kingsman: The Golden Circle' Still Gunning For $40M+; 'Ninjago' Dulls Blades To $22M+; 'Friend Request' A Loner With $1.7M
Divorce Comedy With Royal Family Twist From Meghan Markle's Ex-Husband Trevor Engelson Set At Fox With Big Commitment
Latest TV News
- ‘Overtime’ Revelation: Barney Frank Tells Bill Maher His Cousin Was A Stooge
- ‘Real Time’: Bob Costas Proposes Solution To NFL’s Anthem Problem
- CAA Head Of TV Literary Ryan Ly Exits
- Disney And Altice Trade Jabs As Carriage Contract Deadline Looms
- ‘The Exorcist’ Reveals Biting New Photos + Key Art Ahead Of Season 2 Premiere
- Two Comedy Projects From Mike Schur, Including Jeffrey Seller-Produced Musical, Set At NBC With Big Commitments