EXCLUSIVE: There will be a major new female addition to Fox’s House this fall. Odette Annable, who co-starred on another Fox series this past season — the midseason comedy Breaking In — is joining the veteran medical drama as a new series regular, the first regular addition to the cast since the promotion of Olivia Wilde, Peter Jacobson and Kal Penn in Season 4. But fans of Breaking In shouldn’t fret that this might be the nail in the coffin of the underrated comedy starring Christian Slater and Bret Harrison. There is time carved into Annable’s deal for House that would allow her to also do Breaking In should Fox opt to pick up the series for a second season. Producers are keeping details about Annable’s character on House under wraps, but I hear that she meets Dr. Gregory House in prison. As our sister site TVLine recently reported, House will find himself behind bars at the opening of the new season after driving his car into Lisa Cuddy (Lisa Edelstein)’s living room in the May Season 7 finale. I hear Annable will play a doctor at the prison whom House recruits to be a new member of his team of diagnosticians, which means that House will likely return to Princeton-Plainsboro pretty quickly after his stint in the slammer. With Wilde, who plays fellow former jailbird Thirteen, busy in features, she is not expected to be in every episode of House next season. And with original co-star Edelstein making a surprising exit after last season and Amber Tamblyn ending her recurring stint, for now Annable will be the only full-time female cast member next season. Of course, the series’ producers are yet to find a new boss for House to replace Edelstein’s Cuddy. Annable (formerly Odette Yustman), repped by UTA and Evolution, previously co-starred in Cloverfield and did stints on the series October Road and Brothers & Sisters.
'Breaking In' Co-Star Odette Annable Joins Fox's 'House' As New Regular
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Tracy Morgan Talks Brooklyn Gentrification, Halloween Costume With Jimmy Kimmel
- TV Academy Board Votes To Initiate Disciplinary Proceedings On Harvey Weinstein; Hearing Set For November
- Dodgers Clinch World Series Berth; Can Yankees Complete Major TV Market Sweep?
- Fox Buys Native American Family Comedy From Lucas Brown Eyes & ‘It’s KatzSmith
- Sean Penn Calls Netflix’s ‘El Chapo’ Docu “Cheap” & “Reckless”; It’s Still…
- CBS Developing ‘Whistleblower’ Drama From Chris Silber & Jerry Bruckheimer TV