We’re not really sure where The Hollywood Reporter got its information this morning when it reported and sent out an email alert that ABC’s Barbara Walters “has landed the first sit-down with Casey Anthony defense attorney Jose Baez,” especially when Fox News’ Geraldo Rivera sat with the guy for 20 minutes in a restaurant outside the Orlando courthouse soon after Baez’s client was acquitted in the death of her daughter (the interview — photo at right — aired on Fox News yesterday afternoon). The murder case, which had a nation holding its breath and cable news networks reaping the rewards of higher viewership, has created a media frenzy, but it would be nice if the reports it generates were fact-based. Even ABC’s release didn’t go so far as to say Walters’ interview was “first”; instead, they called it Baez’s “first network interview.” Well, “broadcast network” would have been clearer, we suppose. Portions of Walters’ interview will be shown tonight on World News With Diane Sawyer and on Casey Anthony: Not Guilty, a Primetime Nightline special, at 10 PM, as well as Thursday on Good Morning America and The View.
Barbara Walters In 'First Sit-Down' With Casey Anthony's Attorney? We Think Not
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'Real Sports With Bryant Gumbel' To Discuss Link Between NFL Head Injuries, Domestic Violence: Video
- Ellen DeGeneres Clocks Biggest Opening Week Yet For Her Daytime Talk Show
- J.J. Abrams To Receive VES Society's Visionary Award
- Elisabeth Moss Joins Cast Of 'Truth', Pic Based On Rathergate Scandal
- Broad Green Finds 'Eden', Music Box Jams With 'Mekons'
- Riley Keough To Topline Steven Soderbergh's 'The Girlfriend Experience' On Starz