We’re not really sure where The Hollywood Reporter got its information this morning when it reported and sent out an email alert that ABC’s Barbara Walters “has landed the first sit-down with Casey Anthony defense attorney Jose Baez,” especially when Fox News’ Geraldo Rivera sat with the guy for 20 minutes in a restaurant outside the Orlando courthouse soon after Baez’s client was acquitted in the death of her daughter (the interview — photo at right — aired on Fox News yesterday afternoon). The murder case, which had a nation holding its breath and cable news networks reaping the rewards of higher viewership, has created a media frenzy, but it would be nice if the reports it generates were fact-based. Even ABC’s release didn’t go so far as to say Walters’ interview was “first”; instead, they called it Baez’s “first network interview.” Well, “broadcast network” would have been clearer, we suppose. Portions of Walters’ interview will be shown tonight on World News With Diane Sawyer and on Casey Anthony: Not Guilty, a Primetime Nightline special, at 10 PM, as well as Thursday on Good Morning America and The View.
Barbara Walters In 'First Sit-Down' With Casey Anthony's Attorney? We Think Not
What's Hot on Deadline
M Night Shyamalan Unveils 'Glass': 'Unbreakable' & 'Split' Sequel To Star Bruce Willis, Samuel L Jackson, James McAvoy
Bravo Unveils Unscripted Slate With 6 New & 18 Returning Series; More 'Real Housewives' & 'Vanderpump Rules'
Latest TV News
- ‘Z: The Beginning Of Everything’ Renewed For Season 2 By Amazon
- Sean Hannity Could Leave Fox News If Murdochs Don’t Back Besieged Co-Prez Bill Shine
- ‘Dear White People’ Review: TV Series Based Movie Is Funny & Moving
- ‘Bachelor’ Alum Chris Soules’ Lawyers Insist He Didn’t Leave Scene Of Fatal Accident
- BET Greenlights New Series From Kevin Hart, Steve Harvey, Wanda Sykes & More – Upfronts
- Warner Bros. TV Ups Peter Girardi To Dual EVP Roles