BREAKING: Lionsgate is setting a release date of January 18, 2013 for The Last Stand, the Kim Jee-Woon-directed return vehicle for Arnold Schwarzenegger. That puts the film in wide release on the Martin Luther King holiday weekend. Schwarzenegger plays a cop who leaves the LAPD in disgrace and takes a job in a sleepy border town. There’s little action until when an escaped drug kingpin heads toward the toonlwn at 200 mph in a specially outfitted car with a hostage and a fierce army of gang member escorts. The cop is the only thing standing in the way of the kingpin making it back across the border to safety. This was one of several projects that Schwarzenegger had percolating after he exited as California governor, until the subsequent paternity scandal seemed to cool everything off–the others included Cry Macho and a reprise as The Terminator. Deadline revealed earlier this month that The Last Stand had come back together as Schwarzenegger’s return vehicle. It’ll be a test of his popularity, but it is clearly the kind of vehicle that fans of his old action films want to see him making. Lorenzo di Bonaventura is producing and Andrew Knauer and Jeffrey Nachmanoff wrote the script.
Arnold Schwarzenegger Is Back On January 18, 2013 As Lionsgate Sets Release Of 'The Last Stand'
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Good Place's Jameela Jamil Blames Porn And Music Videos For Consent Issues Following Aziz Ansari Allegations
Two More Sexual Misconduct Allegations Against Stunt Coordinator Joel Kramer Include One Involving 10th Grade Girl
Eliza Dushku's Former Agent & A Friend Confirm Her Sexual Assault Story On 'True Lies' Set: "Nobody Really Did Anything"
Aziz Ansari Allegations Open New Chapter in #MeToo Movement, Ansari Responds "I Took Her Words to Heart"
Arnold Schwarzenegger "Shocked" About Eliza Dushku's 'True Lies' Allegations, Calls Her "So Courageous"
'True Lies' Stuntman Joel Kramer Dropped By Talent Agency After Eliza Dushku Accused Him Of Sexual Assault
Leah Remini Hints Scientology Behind Paul Haggis Claims; Church Slams "Reprehensible Smokescreen" - Update
Latest Film News
- ‘On Her Shoulders’: Alexandria Bombach’s Sundance Docu Reveals Price Of Becoming Voice Of A People
- USC Scripter Awards Nominations: Ties Make For Loaded Flim & TV Field
- '70s Screen Icon Pam Grier Speaks On Sex Harassment & Her Biopic With Jay Pharoah Playing Richard Pryor
- Trevor Jackson & Jason Mitchell To Star In Sony’s ‘Superfly’ Remake From Director X; Future, Steven R. Shore…
- Saudi Arabia Fund Eyeing Endeavor Stake; May Invest $500M+ In WME Parent
- VES Awards Nominations: ‘Blade Runner 2049’ & Latest ‘Apes’ Lead Film; ‘Thrones’ Rules All With…