The singer who was a staple of TV and movie soundtracks ranging from Glee to Valentine’s Day was 27. The UK Press Association is reporting that Amy Winehouse was found dead at her London apartment. Her troubles with drug addiction and alcohol were well documented and they prevented her from performing the theme song for the James Bond movie Quantum Of Solace since she was the producers’ first choice. (Instead, artists Jack White of the rock band The White Stripes, and Alicia Keys, recorded it.) News reports say the “Rehab” singer recently left a British rehabilitation program that a representative said was intended to prepare her for scheduled European concerts. But she cut short the European concert tour in Belgrade last month after she staggered around the stage and stumbled through several songs.
Amy Winehouse Found Dead In UK Home
What's Hot on Deadline
Bankruptcy Reveals Wild List Of Who The Weinstein Company Owes Money To: Malia Obama, David Bowie, Michael Bay
Latest Film News
- ‘The New Romantic’ Director Carly Stone, An SXSW Winner, Inks With ICM Partners
- ‘Under The Silver Lake’ Trailer: Andrew Garfield Adds It Up In Neo-Noir Thriller
- Working Title Boards Satirical Novel ‘My Sister The Serial Killer’
- China Film Industry To Be Regulated By Communist Party Propaganda Department
- As The Weinstein World Turns, Industry Asks: Who Is Lantern Asset Management?
- Busy Sundance Producer Rachel Song Launches China Production Company