The singer who was a staple of TV and movie soundtracks ranging from Glee to Valentine’s Day was 27. The UK Press Association is reporting that Amy Winehouse was found dead at her London apartment. Her troubles with drug addiction and alcohol were well documented and they prevented her from performing the theme song for the James Bond movie Quantum Of Solace since she was the producers’ first choice. (Instead, artists Jack White of the rock band The White Stripes, and Alicia Keys, recorded it.) News reports say the “Rehab” singer recently left a British rehabilitation program that a representative said was intended to prepare her for scheduled European concerts. But she cut short the European concert tour in Belgrade last month after she staggered around the stage and stumbled through several songs.
Amy Winehouse Found Dead In UK Home
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Boo 2! A Madea Halloween’ Reaps $22M During October Dumping Ground At The B.O.
- Harvey Weinstein Has “Different Recollection” Of Events In Lupita Nyong’o Op-Ed
- APA Agent Tyler Grasham Fired From Agency Following Sexual Assault Allegations
- Female Animators Pen Open Letter Demanding End To Sexual Harassment
- ‘Thor: Ragnarok’ Review: Third Time Is The Comic (Book) Charm For Marvel Franchise
- Oscars: Deadline’s Pete Hammond & Gold Derby’s Tom O’Neil On Ever-Changing Awards Landscape With Harvey Out And…