EXCLUSIVE: After Dark Films has purchased the action script El Gringo by Jonathan W. Stokes. Joel Silver will executive produce the film, which is set to begin production later this year. The plot centers on an American who crosses the border into Mexico with a bullet in his arm and $2.3 million in cash, looking to head to Acapulco and retire on the beach. But he discovers quickly that his plan is easier said than done. Stokes, repped by UTA and Energy Entertainment, also has written Murders and Acquisitions, an actioner set on Wall Street, and he wrote and directed The Last Hurrah, about the last night of a group of students before they graduate college.
After Dark Buys 'El Gringo' For Joel Silver
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
More From Team
- Candy Crowley Saluted By Colleagues, Competition, Late-Night Hosts And Robot - Video
- 'Kim Jong-un' Targets Christmas Shoppers On SNL's 'Weekend Update'
- Dr. Evil Disses Sony, Kim Jong-un, Many Others In Mike Myers' Surprise 'SNL' Return
- Republicans To Exhibitors: Play 'The Interview'
- 'Orange Is The New Black' Inmates Croon A Zany 'Twelve Days Of Christmas' – Watch
- North Korea Wants To Work With U.S. To Find Hacker; Obama Admin Asks China For Help – UPDATE