EXCLUSIVE: After Dark Films has purchased the action script El Gringo by Jonathan W. Stokes. Joel Silver will executive produce the film, which is set to begin production later this year. The plot centers on an American who crosses the border into Mexico with a bullet in his arm and $2.3 million in cash, looking to head to Acapulco and retire on the beach. But he discovers quickly that his plan is easier said than done. Stokes, repped by UTA and Energy Entertainment, also has written Murders and Acquisitions, an actioner set on Wall Street, and he wrote and directed The Last Hurrah, about the last night of a group of students before they graduate college.
After Dark Buys 'El Gringo' For Joel Silver
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- WGA Says It’s Ready To Return To Bargaining Table – Update
- ‘Justice League’, ‘Wonder Woman’ & ‘Aquaman’ Fire Up Audience For Warner Bros…
- Fright Franchise ‘Five Nights At Freddy’s’ Blumhouse-Bound?
- Christopher Nolan Shows Off ‘Dunkirk,’ Says "The Only Way To Carry You Through" The Film Is At A Theater…
- ‘Annabelle 2’ Now Titled ‘Annabelle: Creation’ – CinemaCon
- John Doman Joins ‘Hard Powder’; Alessandra Ambrosio Returns For ‘Daddy’s Home’ Sequel