ABC has renewed its summer cop drama Rookie Blue for a third season, rewarding the show for solid Season 2 ratings in its new 10 PM time slot on Thursdays. The series, which follows five rookie cops in their personal and professional lives, has won its time slot each week since its June 23 premiere. The show, which airs on Global in Canada and is shot in Toronto, is from Thump Inc and Entertainement One and stars Missy Peregrym; Season 3 is in development and will begin production later in the summer.
ABC Renews Summer Series 'Rookie Blue'
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Team
- Emmy-Winning Daytime TV Director Larry Auerbach, Dead At 91
- North Korea To U.S. On Sony Hack: Let's Work Together To Find Culprit
- Embeth Davidtz & Jack Noseworthy Join 'Marilyn' Miniseries; 'Lumen' Pilot Rounds Out Cast
- HBO's 'The Normal Heart' To Receive PGA's Stanley Kramer Award
- Watch President Obama Discuss Sony Hack In Year-End Press Conference (Live Stream)