Who knew there was such appetite for 1990s tween sitcoms? It seems like TeenNick stumbled onto a gold mine with its retro The 90s Are All That 12 AM-2 AM block, which launched Monday, drawing some 555,000 total viewers for the first night, a 114% time-slot improvement vs. last year. The gains were even more impressive in the younger demos: 1.3/417,000 among adults 12-24, up +225%, and 0.6/229,000 in adults 18-34, up +500%. In those demos, the reruns of Nickelodeon’s Kenan & Kel (from 1995), All That (1996), Doug (1991) and Clarissa Explains It All (1992) bested most network late-night shows. On Twitter, TeenNick had eight of nine trending topics worldwide during the block’s premiere.
90s Rock On TeenNick As Its Late-Night Retro Block Gets Off To Great Start
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order; Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce
More From Andreeva
- Sam Richardson Upped To Regular On 'Veep'
- Nathan Parsons To Topline Amazon Pilot 'Point Of Honor', Luke Benward To Co-Star
- Rob Golenberg and Alon Aranya's Scripted World Inks First-Look Deal With Fox 21
- ABC Developing True Crime Procedural Set Throughout Los Angeles History
- Fox Nabs DC Entertainment 'Lucifer' Drama From Tom Kapinos As Put Pilot
- NBC Adapting Movie 'Problem Child' As Comedy Written By Scot Armstrong