Who knew there was such appetite for 1990s tween sitcoms? It seems like TeenNick stumbled onto a gold mine with its retro The 90s Are All That 12 AM-2 AM block, which launched Monday, drawing some 555,000 total viewers for the first night, a 114% time-slot improvement vs. last year. The gains were even more impressive in the younger demos: 1.3/417,000 among adults 12-24, up +225%, and 0.6/229,000 in adults 18-34, up +500%. In those demos, the reruns of Nickelodeon’s Kenan & Kel (from 1995), All That (1996), Doug (1991) and Clarissa Explains It All (1992) bested most network late-night shows. On Twitter, TeenNick had eight of nine trending topics worldwide during the block’s premiere.
90s Rock On TeenNick As Its Late-Night Retro Block Gets Off To Great Start
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest TV News
- ‘Transparent’ Creator Jill Soloway Won’t Discuss Jeffrey Tambor Scandal, Advocates Anti-Harassment…
- Saoirse Ronan To Host ‘Saturday Night Live’, With Musical Guest U2
- ‘SNL’: Trump Boys Inherit Dad-Free Spot With “Juilliard Massage” Of “RickiLakes”
- ‘Stranger Things’: Duffer Brothers And Cast Reflect On Season 2, Keep Tight-Lipped On Season 3
- Lena Dunham Apologizes For Murray Miller Defense Amid Assault Allegations