With not as many huge movie panels sucking up the Comic-Con attendees this year, it seemed like the crowds moved to fill all the various TV panels. Ballroom 20 – the same large room that hosted the pilot screenings on preview night – was the home of a few high-profile panels today like Sarah Michelle Gellar’s Ringer. But the line for HBO’s Game of Thrones stretched out of the San Diego convention center, down the stairs, across the street, and all the way to the water’s edge behind the complex. According to staff, it was about 5,000 people and 4 hours long. A woman in line speculated: “It’s because it was so hard to get passes this year; the people who actually got them are motivated and hardcore.”
2011 Comic-Con: 'Game Of Thrones' Throng
What's Hot on Deadline
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
'American Horror Story' At Paley Fest: Is Sarah Paulson's Supreme 'Coven' Character Returning In Season 7?
Family-Branded Films On Fire: 'Beauty And The Beast' Headed To $90M+; 'Power Rangers' Mighty With $40M+
'Westworld' Team On The Series' Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution - PaleyFest
Latest TV News
- ‘American Horror Story’ At Paley Fest: Is Sarah Paulson’s Supreme ‘Coven’ Character Returning In Season…
- Sean Hannity Defends Himself After Ted Koppel Says “He's Bad For America” On 'CBS Sunday Morning'
- ‘Scandal’ Cast Tease 100th Episode & Characters’ Fates At Emotional Panel – PaleyFest
- CNN Hires “Silly, Craven” Conservatives, Podcaster Jon Lovett Says…On CNN
- The President Trumpets Jeanine Pirro: Is Paul Ryan Just Collateral Damage?
- ‘Westworld’ Team On The Series’ Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution…