WME has signed Martin Zandvliet, the Danish director who was chased by the agencies as his new film A Funny Man, was screened privately during the Cannes Film Festival. That pic tells the tragic story of Denmark’s greatest comedian, who lived for attention and wound up being trapped in his fame. Zandvliet, who made that film after his debut pic Applause, is managed by Magnolia. Here’s a link to the trailer for A Funny Man.
WME Signs Danish Director Martin Zandvliet After Competitive Cannes Courtship
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Bart & Fleming: As Daniel Day-Lewis Exits, Who Wears Greatest Living Actor Crown?
- Kenya Barris To Write Russell Simmons Biopic For Fox, ‘Life And Def: Sex Drugs Money + God’
- ‘Destined’ Destined For Fall Release Via XLrator; Uncork’d Acquires ‘Almost Amazing’
- Court Frees Steven Mnuchin From Relativity Media-Related Fraud Case
- Film Academy Invites Record 774 New Members, From Gal Gadot To Betty White
- BFI Teams With EON & Lucasfilm To Launch $25.5M Plan To Support Future Film Skills In UK