With Cheryl Cole now officially off both the U.S. and the U.K. versions of X Factor, speculation is growing that she may join the upcoming U.K. adaptation of The Voice, and that has ignited a bidding war for the format between the BBC and ITV. Its breakout success in the U.S. on NBC has made The Voice format a hot commodity in Britain, but until recently, the show had been fully expected to go to the BBC, which is looking for a replacement for recently cancelled So You Think You Can Dance to air on the most lucrative night in Britain (and most of Europe) — Saturday. The British press started circulating the rumor that Cheryl Cole was at the top of BBC’s wish list for judges on The Voice last month, with speculation intensifying as Cole officially became a free agent. And the possibility of ITV star Cole joining rival BBC reportedly had the brass of the commercial broadcaster reverse their original decision not to pursue The Voice. BTW, according to British media, other singers pursuied for the British Voice are George Michael and Robbie Williams.
Will Cheryl Cole Switch To UK 'The Voice'?
What's Hot on Deadline
Family-Branded Films On Fire At The B.O.: 'Beauty And The Beast' Embraces $89M+; 'Power Rangers' Mighty With $40M
'Westworld' Team On The Series' Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution - PaleyFest
Latest TV News
- ‘Westworld’ Team On The Series’ Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution…
- ‘Pretty Little Liars’ Cast And EPs Talk “Huge Twist” And Final Episodes – PaleyFest
- Dan Aykroyd, Griffin Dunne Remember Carrie & Debbie, “Beloved Showboats”
- NCAA Basketball Tops Friday Ratings; ‘The Originals’, ‘Sleepy Hollow’ Tick Up In Demo
- Conservative PAC TV Spots Prematurely Thank GOP For Defeating Obamacare
- Bill Maher Gets No Smiles From Tyranny Expert: “I’m Not Going To Laugh At Any Of That”