FX’s new comedy series Wilfred got off to a great start last night. At 10 PM, the comedy starring Elijah Wood drew 2.6 million total viewers to become the network’s most-watched comedy series premiere ever. It also posted 1.6 million viewers in the adults 18-49 demo and 834,000 adults 18-34, with the 18-34 number also an FX comedy premiere record. At 1:34 PM, Louie opened its second season with 1.6 million total viewers and 1 million adults 18-49, up 42% in both categories compared with its first-season premiere episode last June.
'Wilfred' Most-Watched Comedy Series Premiere Ever For FX
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Mary McCormack & Alicia Witt Join 'House Of Lies'; Lindsey Gort In 'Self Promotion'
- Courtney Love To Guest Star In Fox's 'Empire'
- 'Good Morning America' Ratings Lead Morning Infotainment Race
- Zachary Booth, Bill Irwin, Six More Round Out 'South Of Hell' Cast On WE TV
- 'Here Comes Honey Boo Boo' Future In Question With Possible Sex Offender Connection
- Gotham Awards Nominees Announced: 'Boyhood' & 'Birdman' Lead Way