FX’s new comedy series Wilfred got off to a great start last night. At 10 PM, the comedy starring Elijah Wood drew 2.6 million total viewers to become the network’s most-watched comedy series premiere ever. It also posted 1.6 million viewers in the adults 18-49 demo and 834,000 adults 18-34, with the 18-34 number also an FX comedy premiere record. At 1:34 PM, Louie opened its second season with 1.6 million total viewers and 1 million adults 18-49, up 42% in both categories compared with its first-season premiere episode last June.
'Wilfred' Most-Watched Comedy Series Premiere Ever For FX
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order; Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce
More From Team
- Publishing: Joan Rivers Biography Planned For 2016
- Ben Kingsley, Brie Larson Head For 'Brooklyn Bridge'; Revolver Takes 'Bhopal' Disaster Drama
- Fox Writers Intensive Accepting Nominations
- GSN Orders 'Baggage' Spinoff; Jerry Springer To Return As Host
- Mark Feuerstein Joins Showtime's 'Nurse Jackie'; Nick Clifford In VH1's 'Hindsight'
- Rosie's Return Snares Big Ratings For 'The View'