FX’s new comedy series Wilfred got off to a great start last night. At 10 PM, the comedy starring Elijah Wood drew 2.6 million total viewers to become the network’s most-watched comedy series premiere ever. It also posted 1.6 million viewers in the adults 18-49 demo and 834,000 adults 18-34, with the 18-34 number also an FX comedy premiere record. At 1:34 PM, Louie opened its second season with 1.6 million total viewers and 1 million adults 18-49, up 42% in both categories compared with its first-season premiere episode last June.
'Wilfred' Most-Watched Comedy Series Premiere Ever For FX
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Pete Hammond's Telluride Q&A With Makers Of 'The Imitation Game' [Video]
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'
- A+E Networks Outbids Time Warner For 10% Vice Media Stake