EXCLUSIVE: Relativity Media has optioned Ecstasia, a futuristic drama that was written and will be directed by The Cooler helmer Wayne Kramer. Kramer became available after he exited the Sylvester Stallone-starrer Headshot, and he expects this to be his next film. It came to Relativity through its relationship with Richard Branson’s film label, Virgin Produced. Set in an “alternate universe,” the drama occurs at a time when love no longer exists, except when it is artificially simulated through a costly procedure called “commitment.” Ecstasia is accomplished through computer chips implanted in each couple. They are incredibly expensive to maintain, comparable to managing a mortgage. Those who cannot meet the cost are forced into “dissolution,” which ends the emotional link. Kramer’s film revolves around a man and woman who are 10 days away from losing their “commitment,” trying desperately to refinance their love. The film will be produced by Jason Felts, Rene Rigal, Ryan Kavanaugh, Tucker Tooley, Matt Rhodes and Renee Tab. Kramer’s repped by WME and Sentient Entertainment.
Wayne Kramer To Next Direct 'Ecstasia' For Relativity Media
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Sony Distribution Prez Tells Deadline: Exhibitors Not Sore Over 'The Interview'
- THR Calls George Clooney And Bryan Lourd Liars: Here's The Backstory On Sony Petition
- Sony Handling Of 'The Interview' Release Puts Big Exhibitors On Warpath; VOD Next Shoe To Drop?
- 'Inherent Vice's Katherine Waterston Lands Lead In Steve Jobs Film
- Star Trek 3's New Director Will Be 'Fast & Furious 6′ Helmer Justin Lin
- 'Today' Show Boots Amy Adams – Just Because She Didn't Want To Discuss Sony Hacking