EXCLUSIVE: Warner Bros has made a preemptive pitch deal for a science fiction action project to be written by Aaron Guzikowski that will reunite Sam Worthington with his Clash of the Titans producer Basil Iwanyk. The logline is being kept under wraps but I’m told it’s a grounded space war film. Through his Thunder Road banner, Iwanyk is in production on the Clash of the Titans sequel. He also produced The Town and is prepping the Jeff Bridges-starrer Seventh Son and the Clint Eastwood-directed A Star is Born with Beyonce, all for Warner Bros. Guzikowski wrote Prisoners, the Black List script that sold to Alcon Entertainment and just got Incendies helmer Denis Villeneuve aboard to direct. He also scripted the Contraband remake that just wrapped with Mark Wahlberg, Kate Beckinsale and Ben Foster starring for Universal and Working Title, and he’s writing Awake for USA Network and The Descendants for HBO. He’s repped by Verve and Madhouse Entertainment. Worthington is repped by CAA and Anonymous Content.
Warner Bros Closes Space War Pitch That Has Sam Worthington Attached
What's Hot on Deadline
'Hidden Figures' Calculates $27M+ Weekend, 'Rogue' Passes $500M, Other Movies Bomb Over MLK -Tuesday AM Update
Latest Film News
- ‘Beatriz At Dinner’ Clip: Salma Hayek & John Lithgow’s Sundance Movie Offers Food For Thought
- ‘The Comedian’ Exclusive Clip: Robert De Niro Meets The Parent – Harvey Keitel
- Chris Columbus Boards Sundance Pic ‘Menashe’ As EP
- Benelux Distributor The Searchers Signs Slate Co-Financing Deal With Anton Corp.
- ‘Hidden Figures’ Calculates $27M+ Weekend, ‘Rogue’ Passes $500M, Other Movies Bomb Over MLK -Tuesday…
- ‘Tower’ Survivors Embrace Animation Approach, Director Keith Maitland Says – TCA