After his pretty funny “I am a troll” bit on Conan in March, Two and a Half Men co-star Jon Cryer was back on the late-night circuit last night with a visit to David Letterman. In his first public comments on Charlie Sheen’s dismissal from the show, he said that he didn’t see the implosion coming and threw his support behind his former co-star. “I want him to get healthy, I want him to stay sober, I want him to be reunited with his family — that would be the best thing. I love him. He’s a great friend,” Cryer said. Letterman immediately countered with some of Sheen’s verbal attacks on Cryer, including calling him a troll. “As friends do!” responded Cryer. What is the moral of the story of Sheen’s firing from Two and a Half Men? “Nobody in show business can possibly get away with making fun of their boss. It just doesn’t happen.” Here is the video:
VIDEO: Jon Cryer Talks Charlie Sheen, 'Two And A Half Men' On Letterman
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Friday: 'Guardians' Tops 2014; 'As Above/So Below' Nabs No. 3; 'Cantinflas' Es Excelente!
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'