UTA has signed Swedish actress Alicia Vikander, who won Sweden’s Guldbagge Award for Best Actress for her first lead role in the Lisa Langseth-directed Pure (aka Beloved). Vikander just wrapped the Nikolaj Arcel-directed period drama A Royal Affair, a film that was pre-sold by Trust Nordisk to multiple territories during Cannes. She was pursued by multiple agencies, and just landed a supporting role alongside Jeff Bridges and Julianne Moore in the Sergei Bodrov-directed Warner Bros/Legendary film The Seventh Son. And by the way, despite a flood of Internet reports to the contrary, Vikander is not doing World War Z. She remains repped by Scandinavia-based Actors, and UK-based Tavistock Wood.
UTA Signs Swedish Actress Alicia Vikander
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pacific Rim: Uprising' Doesn't Create Waves At $26M+; 'Black Panther' Sets Marvel Record & Beats 'Avengers'
Latest Film News
- UCLA Entertainment Symposium Tackles Paramount Issues With COO
- ‘Pacific Rim: Uprising’ Eyes $146M WW Weekend Bow With $65M From China
- ‘Ready Player One’ Cast Celebrate Spielberg; Talk Surprise Set Visits From George Lucas & Tom Cruise…
- Film Academy President John Bailey On Sex Harassment: “That Did Not Happen”
- Barry Diller Says Weinstein “A Gorilla”, Trump “Bad Character” & Explains Why He’d Never Own A Studio…
- ‘Billions’ Actor David Costabile To Play Doc McGhee In ‘The Dirt’