UTA has signed Swedish actress Alicia Vikander, who won Sweden’s Guldbagge Award for Best Actress for her first lead role in the Lisa Langseth-directed Pure (aka Beloved). Vikander just wrapped the Nikolaj Arcel-directed period drama A Royal Affair, a film that was pre-sold by Trust Nordisk to multiple territories during Cannes. She was pursued by multiple agencies, and just landed a supporting role alongside Jeff Bridges and Julianne Moore in the Sergei Bodrov-directed Warner Bros/Legendary film The Seventh Son. And by the way, despite a flood of Internet reports to the contrary, Vikander is not doing World War Z. She remains repped by Scandinavia-based Actors, and UK-based Tavistock Wood.
UTA Signs Swedish Actress Alicia Vikander
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
John Oliver: Donald Trump Tyrannizes TV News Week With "Bat-Sh*t Crazy" News Conference, Terrorism-In-Sweden Speech
WGA Awards: 'Moonlight' & 'Arrival' Win Top Film Prizes; FX's 'Atlanta' & 'The Americans' Lead TV - Complete Winners List
Latest Film News
- Google & Microsoft To Demote Piracy Sites In UK Search Results
- Kim Dotcom Loses U.S. Extradition Appeal, But Claims Victory In Copyright Ruling
- Oscars: Is ‘Moonlight’ Poised To Make History After WGA Original Screenplay Win?
- Motion Pictures Sound Editors' Golden Reel Awards: ‘Hacksaw Ridge,’ ‘Westworld’ Among Winners…
- Make-Up Artists & Hair Stylists Guild Awards: ‘La La Land’, ‘People V. O.J. Simpson’ Among Winners…
- WGA Members Outline Top Issues In Looming Contract Negotiations – WGA Awards