UTA has signed Swedish actress Alicia Vikander, who won Sweden’s Guldbagge Award for Best Actress for her first lead role in the Lisa Langseth-directed Pure (aka Beloved). Vikander just wrapped the Nikolaj Arcel-directed period drama A Royal Affair, a film that was pre-sold by Trust Nordisk to multiple territories during Cannes. She was pursued by multiple agencies, and just landed a supporting role alongside Jeff Bridges and Julianne Moore in the Sergei Bodrov-directed Warner Bros/Legendary film The Seventh Son. And by the way, despite a flood of Internet reports to the contrary, Vikander is not doing World War Z. She remains repped by Scandinavia-based Actors, and UK-based Tavistock Wood.
UTA Signs Swedish Actress Alicia Vikander
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Unveils Unscripted Slate With 6 New & 18 Returning Series; More 'Real Housewives' & 'Vanderpump Rules'
M Night Shyamalan Unveils 'Glass': 'Unbreakable' & 'Split' Sequel To Star Bruce Willis, Samuel L Jackson, James McAvoy
Mindy Kaling & 3 Arts Option Alyssa Mastromonaco White House Memoir 'Who Thought This Was A Good Idea?' For TV
Latest Film News
- ‘Firestarter’: Stephen King Classic Reignites With Universal, Blumhouse & Akiva Goldsman Directing
- Tribeca Film Festival Winners: ‘Keep The Change’, ‘Bobbi Jene’ Tops
- Broad Green Pictures Hires Four Execs In Marketing & Legal Departments
- ‘Little Prince’s Mark Osborne & Scribe Adam Kline Link With Fox Animation For Two New Projects
- ‘3 Generations’: Weinstein Co. & MPAA Agree On PG-13 Rating, With GLAAD’s Backing & Some Cuts
- Famke Janssen Joins Cast Of Michael Caton-Jones’ Movie ‘Asher’