Univision Communications has appointed Randy Falco as president and CEO, taking over the top spot from longtime chief Joe Uva, who announced his resignation in March. Haim Saban, executive chairman of Univision’s board of directors, had taken up the slack since Uva’s departure. Falco — who joined Univision earlier this year as EVP and COO overseeing all revenue functions — previously was chairman and CEO of AOL and before that spent more than 30 years at NBC Universal, including as president and COO of NBC Universal Television Group. “The board unanimously agreed that Randy’s track record and expertise make him the ideal executive to lead Univision’s future growth,” Saban said. “Randy has over 30 years of relevant industry experience and has demonstrated his highly-skilled leadership and strategic vision at Univision over the past six months.” Falco will join Univision’s board of directors and will continue to be based in New York.
Univision Hires Ex-AOL Boss Randy Falco
What's Hot on Deadline
Trevor Noah On Trump Ignoring First 100 Days: If Voters Chose The Number They Preferred "You Wouldn’t Be In The White House”
'Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2' Review: Chris Pratt Leads Best Marvel Cast Ever To Save The Universe (And This Sequel)
'Bates Motel' Shuts Its Doors With Bloody Series Finale; Will Other Hitchcock Pics Find Their Way To TV?
'Kingsman: The Golden Circle' Trailer: Julianne Moore, Channing Tatum & Jeff Bridges Join The Action For Round 2
Latest TV News
- Netflix Scales Chinese Entry Wall By Striking Licensing Deal With iQiyi
- ‘Rainbow Rangers’: Nickelodeon Acquires CGI-Animated Preschool Series From Genius Brands Int’l
- Directors’ Fortnight Adds Title; Karlovy Vary Sets Tributes – Global Briefs
- Henrik Bastin Re-Ups As CEO At Fabrik Entertainment
- Trevor Noah On Trump Ignoring First 100 Days: If Voters Chose The Number They Preferred “You Wouldn't Be In The White House"
- ‘Bates Motel’ Shuts Its Doors With Bloody Series Finale; Will Other Hitchcock Pics Find Their Way To TV?