Universal and Gold Circle Films have announced that they teamed to acquire worldwide rights to Pitch Perfect, a musical comedy set in the world of college a cappella groups. Jason Moore will direct from a screenplay by Kay Cannon based on Mickey Rapkin’s nonfiction book Pitch Perfect: The Quest for Collegiate A Cappella Glory. Gold Circle will finance the project and produce it with Elizabeth Banks and Max Handelman via their Brownstone Productions. Moore, who has directed numerous TV episodes and Shrek the Musical and Avenue Q on Broadway, is repped by WME; Cannon, who has written several episodes of 30 Rock, is repped by WME and Brillstein Entertainment Partners.
Universal And Gold Circle Acquire Rights To Musical Comedy 'Pitch Perfect'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Mark Gordon To Receive Producers Guild's Norman Lear Award
- James Caan, Kevin Dillon, Sam Huntington Top Crackle Feature 'The Throwaways'
- NBC News To Air First Live Broadcast Of Global Citizen Festival Featuring Jay-Z, Carrie Underwood, The Roots
- USA's 'Benched' To Premiere October 28: Video
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actor Charles Dance Hints That Tywin Lannister Might Be Alive
- James Franco, Seth Rogen Celebrate Jimmy Fallon's 40th In Their Birthday Suits: VIDEO