Universal and Gold Circle Films have announced that they teamed to acquire worldwide rights to Pitch Perfect, a musical comedy set in the world of college a cappella groups. Jason Moore will direct from a screenplay by Kay Cannon based on Mickey Rapkin’s nonfiction book Pitch Perfect: The Quest for Collegiate A Cappella Glory. Gold Circle will finance the project and produce it with Elizabeth Banks and Max Handelman via their Brownstone Productions. Moore, who has directed numerous TV episodes and Shrek the Musical and Avenue Q on Broadway, is repped by WME; Cannon, who has written several episodes of 30 Rock, is repped by WME and Brillstein Entertainment Partners.
Universal And Gold Circle Acquire Rights To Musical Comedy 'Pitch Perfect'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Alice' Sees $65M In Offshore Looking Glass; 'Warcraft' Scores $31.6M; 'X-Men' Cumes $186M - Intl Box Office
Moviegoers Turn Out For The 'Apocalypse' Over Memorial Day & Chop Off 'Alice's Head - Monday AM Update
Latest Film News
- Roman Polanski May Face New Extradition Attempt As Poland’s Justice Minister Seeks Appeal
- Katie Couric Takes “Responsibility” For Misleading Anti-Gun Documentary Editing
- Dwayne Johnson To Play ‘Doc Savage’ For Director Shane Black
- Pablo Larrain On The Long Road To ‘Neruda’, Crossing Borders & ‘Jackie’: It “Won’t Be A Classic Biopic”…
- ‘The Fundamentals Of Caring’ Trailer: Paul Rudd, Craig Roberts & Selena Gomez Hit The Road
- ‘Alice’ Sees $65M In Offshore Looking Glass; ‘Warcraft’ Scores $31.6M; ‘X-Men’ Cumes $186M – Intl…