Universal and Gold Circle Films have announced that they teamed to acquire worldwide rights to Pitch Perfect, a musical comedy set in the world of college a cappella groups. Jason Moore will direct from a screenplay by Kay Cannon based on Mickey Rapkin’s nonfiction book Pitch Perfect: The Quest for Collegiate A Cappella Glory. Gold Circle will finance the project and produce it with Elizabeth Banks and Max Handelman via their Brownstone Productions. Moore, who has directed numerous TV episodes and Shrek the Musical and Avenue Q on Broadway, is repped by WME; Cannon, who has written several episodes of 30 Rock, is repped by WME and Brillstein Entertainment Partners.
Universal And Gold Circle Acquire Rights To Musical Comedy 'Pitch Perfect'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Relativity Changes Coming Fast Today — Sports Division Head And Co-Chief Out; Ron Burkle Takes Over
- Edie Falco Set For Biopic ‘Megan Leavey’
- ‘Janis: Little Girl Blue’ Acquired By FilmRise For November Bow
- ‘Ray Donovan’s Liev Schreiber, Naomi Watts To Star In Chuck Wepner Underdog Ring Saga ‘The Bleeder’
- Luc Besson’s ‘Valerian’ Calling On Aspiring Artists: Another ‘Fifth Element’ Fashion Statement?
- Shout! Acquires All U.S. Rights To Arcana Studios’ H.P. Lovecraft Animated Film