Universal and Gold Circle Films have announced that they teamed to acquire worldwide rights to Pitch Perfect, a musical comedy set in the world of college a cappella groups. Jason Moore will direct from a screenplay by Kay Cannon based on Mickey Rapkin’s nonfiction book Pitch Perfect: The Quest for Collegiate A Cappella Glory. Gold Circle will finance the project and produce it with Elizabeth Banks and Max Handelman via their Brownstone Productions. Moore, who has directed numerous TV episodes and Shrek the Musical and Avenue Q on Broadway, is repped by WME; Cannon, who has written several episodes of 30 Rock, is repped by WME and Brillstein Entertainment Partners.
Universal And Gold Circle Acquire Rights To Musical Comedy 'Pitch Perfect'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pretty Little Liars' Spinoff 'The Perfectionists' Starring Sasha Pieterse & Janel Parrish Gets Freeform Pilot Order
Latest Film News
- Phil Lord & Christopher Miller To Direct ‘Martian’ Author Andy Weir’s New Novel ‘Artemis’
- Universal’s ‘House With A Clock In Its Walls’ Adds Colleen Camp
- ‘Gotti’ Trailer: John Travolta As The ‘Teflon Don’ Who Showed The World Who’s Boss
- Aidan Gillen, Tom Hollander Join Freddie Mercury Biopic ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’
- Barry Dennen Dies: ‘Jesus Christ Superstar’s Pilate And Barbra Streisand Mentor Was 79
- Chloe Castellón & Ridgeway Wilson Set To Adapt Universal’s ‘City Of Saints & Thieves', Melina…