Universal and Gold Circle Films have announced that they teamed to acquire worldwide rights to Pitch Perfect, a musical comedy set in the world of college a cappella groups. Jason Moore will direct from a screenplay by Kay Cannon based on Mickey Rapkin’s nonfiction book Pitch Perfect: The Quest for Collegiate A Cappella Glory. Gold Circle will finance the project and produce it with Elizabeth Banks and Max Handelman via their Brownstone Productions. Moore, who has directed numerous TV episodes and Shrek the Musical and Avenue Q on Broadway, is repped by WME; Cannon, who has written several episodes of 30 Rock, is repped by WME and Brillstein Entertainment Partners.
Universal And Gold Circle Acquire Rights To Musical Comedy 'Pitch Perfect'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Friday: 'Guardians' Tops 2014; 'As Above/So Below' Nabs No. 3; 'Cantinflas' Es Excelente!
More From Team
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'
- A+E Networks Outbids Time Warner For 10% Vice Media Stake
- HBO Miniseries 'Olive Kitteridge' Sets November Premiere Dates