EXCLUSIVE: They kicked butt on their previous shows, now they’re going toe-to-toe. British actress Gugu Mbatha-Raw, the breakout star of J.J. Abrams’ short-lived NBC spy dramedy Undercovers, has landed the female lead opposite 24 alum Kiefer Sutherland in the Fox drama pilot Touch, written by Tim Kring. The project, which is considered a lock for a midseason series order, centers on Martin (Sutherland), who discovers that his genius son Jake (David Mazouz) is communicating with him through a complex series of numbers and may even be able to predict events before they happen. Mbatha-Raw will play Clea Hopkins, a social worker with Child and Family Services, who is evaluating Martin’s living situation to determine whether or not his son Jake should remain in the home. Mbatha-Raw completes the pilot’s core four-member cast, which also includes Danny Glover. Mbatha-Raw, repped by CAA, Principal and UK’s Curtis Brown, will next be seen in Larry Crowne.
'Undercovers' Star Gugu Mbatha-Raw Set As Female Lead In Fox's Pilot 'Touch'
What's Hot on Deadline
How Lynne Ramsay Got Over 'Jane Got A Gun' & Embraced Joaquin Phoenix Noir 'You Were Never Really Here' - Cannes
Latest TV News
- A-Rod Signs With ABC News, Expanding TV Presence Beyond Sports
- Ryan Murphy On The Risk And Reward Of Setting His Own Path – Deadline Disruptors
- Donald Trump Gets ‘Bachelor’ Bashed By California Lt. Governor Over Paris Accord
- Zbigniew Brzezinski Dies: Jimmy Carter’s National Security Adviser & MSNBC Host Mika Brzezinski’s Father…
- Donald Trump Son-In Law Jared Kushner Discussed Secret Communication Channel With Russia: Report
- Stephen Colbert Explains How Donald Trump Alpha-Dogged His Way Through NATO Summit