EXCLUSIVE: They kicked butt on their previous shows, now they’re going toe-to-toe. British actress Gugu Mbatha-Raw, the breakout star of J.J. Abrams’ short-lived NBC spy dramedy Undercovers, has landed the female lead opposite 24 alum Kiefer Sutherland in the Fox drama pilot Touch, written by Tim Kring. The project, which is considered a lock for a midseason series order, centers on Martin (Sutherland), who discovers that his genius son Jake (David Mazouz) is communicating with him through a complex series of numbers and may even be able to predict events before they happen. Mbatha-Raw will play Clea Hopkins, a social worker with Child and Family Services, who is evaluating Martin’s living situation to determine whether or not his son Jake should remain in the home. Mbatha-Raw completes the pilot’s core four-member cast, which also includes Danny Glover. Mbatha-Raw, repped by CAA, Principal and UK’s Curtis Brown, will next be seen in Larry Crowne.
'Undercovers' Star Gugu Mbatha-Raw Set As Female Lead In Fox's Pilot 'Touch'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Madea' Scares Off 'Jack Reacher' For No. 1 As Saturday Battle Brews; 'Joneses' Opening Lower Than 'Masterminds' - Sat. AM Update
Leonardo DiCaprio To Play Music Pioneer Sam Phillips; Launched Elvis, Howlin' Wolf, Johnny Cash & Jerry Lee Lewis
Latest TV News
- Kevin Meaney Dies: Veteran Comic And Actor Was 60
- Ex-State Sen. Ron Calderon Sentenced In Film Incentives Bribe Case
- Donald Trump’s Comedy Crater Caught By 10.3M Viewers On Cable News Networks
- ‘Sneakers’ Hacker Drama Based On Movie In Works At NBC From Walter Parkes, Laurie MacDonald…
- Time Warner Sale To AT&T Shows Distribution, Not Content, Is King
- Fox Nabs ‘Bad Sugar’ Comedy From Sharon Horgan, Patty Breen & Aaron Kaplan