EXCLUSIVE: They kicked butt on their previous shows, now they’re going toe-to-toe. British actress Gugu Mbatha-Raw, the breakout star of J.J. Abrams’ short-lived NBC spy dramedy Undercovers, has landed the female lead opposite 24 alum Kiefer Sutherland in the Fox drama pilot Touch, written by Tim Kring. The project, which is considered a lock for a midseason series order, centers on Martin (Sutherland), who discovers that his genius son Jake (David Mazouz) is communicating with him through a complex series of numbers and may even be able to predict events before they happen. Mbatha-Raw will play Clea Hopkins, a social worker with Child and Family Services, who is evaluating Martin’s living situation to determine whether or not his son Jake should remain in the home. Mbatha-Raw completes the pilot’s core four-member cast, which also includes Danny Glover. Mbatha-Raw, repped by CAA, Principal and UK’s Curtis Brown, will next be seen in Larry Crowne.
'Undercovers' Star Gugu Mbatha-Raw Set As Female Lead In Fox's Pilot 'Touch'
What's Hot on Deadline
Cecily Strong Struggles To Follow Obama And Anger Translator Luther At White House Correspondents Dinner
Latest TV News
- ESPN Sues Verizon For Breaching Contract With “Custom TV” Offering
- Don M. Mankiewicz Dies: Oscar-Nominated Screenwriter, Novelist Was 93
- 6;Madam Secretary’ Ratings Fall, ‘Brooklyn Nine-Nine’ Returns Steady, ‘Secrets & Lies’ Rises, ‘A.D…
- CAA Promotes 20 Trainees: 16 To Agent, 4 To Executive
- Dora Madison Joins NBC’s ‘Chicago Fire'; Vincent Curatola In ‘Law & Order: SVU’
- ‘Orange Is The New Black’ Season 3 Key Art Unveiled