EXCLUSIVE: They kicked butt on their previous shows, now they’re going toe-to-toe. British actress Gugu Mbatha-Raw, the breakout star of J.J. Abrams’ short-lived NBC spy dramedy Undercovers, has landed the female lead opposite 24 alum Kiefer Sutherland in the Fox drama pilot Touch, written by Tim Kring. The project, which is considered a lock for a midseason series order, centers on Martin (Sutherland), who discovers that his genius son Jake (David Mazouz) is communicating with him through a complex series of numbers and may even be able to predict events before they happen. Mbatha-Raw will play Clea Hopkins, a social worker with Child and Family Services, who is evaluating Martin’s living situation to determine whether or not his son Jake should remain in the home. Mbatha-Raw completes the pilot’s core four-member cast, which also includes Danny Glover. Mbatha-Raw, repped by CAA, Principal and UK’s Curtis Brown, will next be seen in Larry Crowne.
'Undercovers' Star Gugu Mbatha-Raw Set As Female Lead In Fox's Pilot 'Touch'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Smallville' Actress Allison Mack Arrested In Sex Trafficking Scheme, Faces 15 Years To Life If Convicted
'Love, Gilda' Director On Meeting Gene Wilder & Why Some Gilda Radner 'SNL' Peers Aren't In The Doc - Tribeca
Latest TV News
- Tracey Martin & Sybrina Fulton, Parents Of Trayvon Martin, Hope To Effect Change With ‘Rest in Power’ — Tribeca…
- John Legend Took On Asian Tour Weeks Before ‘Jesus Christ Superstar Live In Concert’ — Tribeca Studio
- Harvey Weinstein Seeks Access To Old Emails And Papers To Defend Himself
- ‘Smallville’ Actress Allison Mack Arrested In Sex Trafficking Scheme, Faces 15 Years To Life If Convicted
- ‘Descendants 3’: Sarah Jeffery, Thomas Doherty & Dylan Playfair To Reprise Roles In Threequel
- Noah Emmerich To Star In Netflix Limited Series ‘The Spy’ With Sacha Baron Cohen