EXCLUSIVE: They kicked butt on their previous shows, now they’re going toe-to-toe. British actress Gugu Mbatha-Raw, the breakout star of J.J. Abrams’ short-lived NBC spy dramedy Undercovers, has landed the female lead opposite 24 alum Kiefer Sutherland in the Fox drama pilot Touch, written by Tim Kring. The project, which is considered a lock for a midseason series order, centers on Martin (Sutherland), who discovers that his genius son Jake (David Mazouz) is communicating with him through a complex series of numbers and may even be able to predict events before they happen. Mbatha-Raw will play Clea Hopkins, a social worker with Child and Family Services, who is evaluating Martin’s living situation to determine whether or not his son Jake should remain in the home. Mbatha-Raw completes the pilot’s core four-member cast, which also includes Danny Glover. Mbatha-Raw, repped by CAA, Principal and UK’s Curtis Brown, will next be seen in Larry Crowne.
'Undercovers' Star Gugu Mbatha-Raw Set As Female Lead In Fox's Pilot 'Touch'
What's Hot on Deadline
Robert Redford Sanguine About Donald Trump But "Depressed" About Partisan Politics At Sundance Opening Presser
'A Dog's Purpose' Producer "Horrified" Seeing Video Of Dog Almost Drowning On Set; PETA Calls For Boycott Of Film
'A Dog's Purpose' Director Lasse Hallstrom & Voice Actor Josh Gad Upset Over "Disturbing" Video Of Terrified Dog
At Pre-Inaugural Concert, Donald Trump Promises "We Will Turn It Around"; His Nemesis Wayne Barrett Has Died
Latest TV News
- DGA Investigating Threats Against Members Working On Trump Inauguration
- ‘Tangled’: Julie Bowen Joins New Disney Channel Animated Series In Recasting
- At Pre-Inaugural Concert, Donald Trump Promises “We Will Turn It Around”; His Nemesis Wayne Barrett Has Died
- Berlanti TV FBI Drama ‘Deception’, Sci-Fi ‘The Crossing’ Picked Up To Pilot By ABC
- ‘Brown Girls’: Andrew Lees, Omar Maskati & Natalie Dreyfuss Join Freeform Comedy Pilot
- ‘UnReal’: Caitlin FitzGerald Joins Lifetime Series As Everlasting’s “Suitress”