EXCLUSIVE: Just as a new season of True Blood returns to HBO, Rutina Wesley has been set to star in Left To Tell, a biopic about Immaculee Ilibagiza that’s based on her betselling memoir. The project is set up at Mpower Pictures. Ilibagiza’s life was dramatically transformed during the 1994 Rwandan genocide campaign where she and seven other women spent 91 days, huddled silently together in a cramped bathroom of a local pastor’s home. Entering the bathroom a vibrant, 115-pound university student with a loving family, she came out of that room weighing 65 pounds, and soon learned that most of her family had been brutally murdered. The film’s being produced by Stephen McEveety and will be co-directed by Keith VanderLaan & Steve Berkowitz. Wesley most recently starred in How She Move, which was acquired during Sundance, and the indie California Winter. She’s repped by Inspire Entertainment.
'True Blood's Rutina Wesley Lands Lead In Harrowing Rwanda Tale 'Left To Tell'
What's Hot on Deadline
Netflix Lands 'Outlaw King'; David Mackenzie Directs Chris Pine As Robert The Bruce In Scottish Epic
Latest Film News
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2’ Review: Chris Pratt Leads Best Marvel Cast Ever To Save The Universe (And…
- Madonna Biopic ‘Blonde Ambition’ Lands At Universal
- Gilles Marini Enlists In WWII Pic ‘Burning At Both Ends’; Margot Bingham Joins ‘Departures’
- WGA Members Approve Strike Authorization In Historic Turnout
- Snoop Dogg & Daz Dillinger Fire Up Drama Series Based On Their Early Days
- E/F/O, Tri G Co-Finance De Niro-Starrer ‘The War With Grandpa’ With Marro Films; Uma Thurman, Rob Riggle…