EXCLUSIVE: Just as a new season of True Blood returns to HBO, Rutina Wesley has been set to star in Left To Tell, a biopic about Immaculee Ilibagiza that’s based on her betselling memoir. The project is set up at Mpower Pictures. Ilibagiza’s life was dramatically transformed during the 1994 Rwandan genocide campaign where she and seven other women spent 91 days, huddled silently together in a cramped bathroom of a local pastor’s home. Entering the bathroom a vibrant, 115-pound university student with a loving family, she came out of that room weighing 65 pounds, and soon learned that most of her family had been brutally murdered. The film’s being produced by Stephen McEveety and will be co-directed by Keith VanderLaan & Steve Berkowitz. Wesley most recently starred in How She Move, which was acquired during Sundance, and the indie California Winter. She’s repped by Inspire Entertainment.
'True Blood's Rutina Wesley Lands Lead In Harrowing Rwanda Tale 'Left To Tell'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale & Aftershow: "A.D." Mystery Solved; Cast Would Say Yes To Reunion - Update
'Baby Driver' Starts Its Engine Tuesday Night; 'Wonder Woman' Beating 'Suicide Squad' With $325M+ Running Cume
Latest Film News
- James Gunn Dispels Rumors He’s Producing A ‘Howard The Duck’ Movie For Marvel
- ‘A Bad Moms Christmas’ Redband Trailer: It’s The Mother Of All Holidays
- Aidan Turner Joins Sam Elliott In ‘The Man Who Killed Hitler And Then The Bigfoot’
- ‘Game Of Thrones’ Carice Van Houten On Duty For Brian De Palma’s ‘Domino’
- Talent Agent Danielle Shebby Moves From WME To CAA
- ‘The Greatest Showman’ Trailer: Hugh Jackman Invents Show Business