EXCLUSIVE: Just as a new season of True Blood returns to HBO, Rutina Wesley has been set to star in Left To Tell, a biopic about Immaculee Ilibagiza that’s based on her betselling memoir. The project is set up at Mpower Pictures. Ilibagiza’s life was dramatically transformed during the 1994 Rwandan genocide campaign where she and seven other women spent 91 days, huddled silently together in a cramped bathroom of a local pastor’s home. Entering the bathroom a vibrant, 115-pound university student with a loving family, she came out of that room weighing 65 pounds, and soon learned that most of her family had been brutally murdered. The film’s being produced by Stephen McEveety and will be co-directed by Keith VanderLaan & Steve Berkowitz. Wesley most recently starred in How She Move, which was acquired during Sundance, and the indie California Winter. She’s repped by Inspire Entertainment.
'True Blood's Rutina Wesley Lands Lead In Harrowing Rwanda Tale 'Left To Tell'
What's Hot on Deadline
Bankruptcy Reveals Wild List Of Who The Weinstein Company Owes Money To: Malia Obama, David Bowie, Michael Bay
Fred Savage: Fox Calls Harassment Claims Against 'The Grinder' Actor "Unfounded", Finds No Evidence of Wrongdoing
'Once Upon A Time' Series Finale: Ginnifer Goodwin, Jennifer Morrison, Josh Dallas & Emilie de Ravin Returning
Ryan Murphy On '9-1-1's Ratings Success, Season 2 Details, Connie Britton's Future On the Show & Potential Spinoff Series
Latest Film News
- On Eve Of AT&T-DOJ Trial, Media Business Weighs The Stakes
- Melina Kanakaredes To Co-Write & Produce Film Based On Life Of ‘On Death & Dying’ Author…
- Kyra Sedgwick, Jeffrey Donovan Join Dark Comedy Film ‘Villains’
- Triple Threat Alexandria Bombach Signs With UTA
- Tessa Thompson Joins Sony’s ‘Men In Black’ Offshoot
- ‘The Spy Who Dumped Me’ Teaser Trailer: Mila Kunis & Kate McKinnon Vs. The Bad Guys