EXCLUSIVE: Just as a new season of True Blood returns to HBO, Rutina Wesley has been set to star in Left To Tell, a biopic about Immaculee Ilibagiza that’s based on her betselling memoir. The project is set up at Mpower Pictures. Ilibagiza’s life was dramatically transformed during the 1994 Rwandan genocide campaign where she and seven other women spent 91 days, huddled silently together in a cramped bathroom of a local pastor’s home. Entering the bathroom a vibrant, 115-pound university student with a loving family, she came out of that room weighing 65 pounds, and soon learned that most of her family had been brutally murdered. The film’s being produced by Stephen McEveety and will be co-directed by Keith VanderLaan & Steve Berkowitz. Wesley most recently starred in How She Move, which was acquired during Sundance, and the indie California Winter. She’s repped by Inspire Entertainment.
'True Blood's Rutina Wesley Lands Lead In Harrowing Rwanda Tale 'Left To Tell'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Young & Hungry' Spinoff: Steve Talley Set As Male Lead, Ryan Pinkston Cast, Title & Other Details Revealed
'X-Men: Apocalypse' Dawns With $101.5M; 'Angry Birds' Sings With $55.5M, 'Zootopia' #4 Animated Pic Ever Worldwide - Intl Box Office Final
Latest Film News
- Disney Mulling Over Live Action Version Of ‘The Little Mermaid’
- Netflix, Amazon Face Calls For European Content Quota
- ‘X-Men’ & ‘Alice’ To Boost Memorial Day Weekend After Last Year’s Holiday Apocalypse
- ‘Central Intelligence’ Gets Fest Bow Ahead Of Release; Screamfest 2016 Dates Set
- Versa Media Capital Raises $100M To Bridge Finance Indie TV & Film Projects
- Palm Springs Film Festival Sets 2017 Dates; Gravitas Acquires ‘Cardinal Matter’