Universal and Working Title’s adaptation of Les Miserables, which has The King’s Speech helmer Tom Hooper directing, is eyeing Hugh Jackman to play the lead role of Jean Valjean. But that doesn’t mean it’s a done deal — in fact, we hear that there’s been no offer and no talks as of yet. Still, Jackman, a Tony winner, seems the perfect choice for the musical adaptation of the Victor Hugo novel, which centers on the struggle by ex-con Valjean to outrun his past and his relentless pursuer Javert. It’s certain the project will attract a strong cast, so we’ll see.
Tom Hooper's 'Les Miserables' Wants Hugh Jackman To Play Jean Valjean
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
More From Team
- Candy Crowley Saluted By Colleagues, Competition, Late-Night Hosts And Robot - Video
- 'Kim Jong-un' Targets Christmas Shoppers On SNL's 'Weekend Update'
- Dr. Evil Disses Sony, Kim Jong-un, Many Others In Mike Myers' Surprise 'SNL' Return
- Republicans To Exhibitors: Play 'The Interview'
- 'Orange Is The New Black' Inmates Croon A Zany 'Twelve Days Of Christmas' – Watch
- North Korea Wants To Work With U.S. To Find Hacker; Obama Admin Asks China For Help – UPDATE