Universal and Working Title’s adaptation of Les Miserables, which has The King’s Speech helmer Tom Hooper directing, is eyeing Hugh Jackman to play the lead role of Jean Valjean. But that doesn’t mean it’s a done deal — in fact, we hear that there’s been no offer and no talks as of yet. Still, Jackman, a Tony winner, seems the perfect choice for the musical adaptation of the Victor Hugo novel, which centers on the struggle by ex-con Valjean to outrun his past and his relentless pursuer Javert. It’s certain the project will attract a strong cast, so we’ll see.
Tom Hooper's 'Les Miserables' Wants Hugh Jackman To Play Jean Valjean
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fantastic Beasts' Bests $600M WW; 'Moana' Mints $177M; 'Doctor Strange' Ices 'Deadpool', 'Iron Man 2' - Intl Box Office
Alec Baldwin Says Ha! To Donald Trump, While Judd Apatow Calls 'SNL'-Watching Prez-Elect "Terrifying Lunatic"
Latest Film News
- Whydah Productions Secures Rights To Barry Clifford & JFK Jr.’s Pirate Ship Tale
- Film Arcade Inks Multi-Year Domestic Distribution Deal With Universal Home Entertainment
- Fortitude Runs With Adidas/Puma Origin Story Produced By Andrew Garfield
- Guillermo Del Toro To Receive Sound Editors’ Filmmaker Award
- Jessica Chastain’s Surprising Journey Into Corporate Lobbying With ‘Miss Sloane’
- Jimmy Kimmel To Host The Oscars