Universal Pictures has just scheduled its laffer R.I.P.D. for June 28, 2013. The Robert Schwentke-directed supernatural comedy is based on a Matt Manfredi & Phil Hay-scripted film centering on a police force comprised of undead officers, based on the Peter Lenkov comic. (R.I.P.D. stands for the otherworldly Rest In Peace Department). Zach Galifianakis was going to star but exited over timing issues since Ryan Reynolds was on the hook for a Warner Bros sequel to Green Lantern. So Oscar-winner Jeff Bridges teamed up instead. R.I.P.D. is produced by Neal H. Moritz, Michael Fottrell, and Mike Richardson.
TOLDJA! Universal Schedules Jeff Bridges & Ryan Reynolds Corpse Comedy R.I.P.D.
What's Hot on Deadline
Robert Redford Sanguine About Donald Trump But "Depressed" About Partisan Politics At Sundance Opening Presser
Paramount Gets China Infusion: $1 Billion, 3-Year Slate Co-Financing Deal With Shanghai Film Group & Huahua Media
'A Dog's Purpose' Producer "Horrified" Seeing Video Of Dog Almost Drowning On Set; PETA Calls For Boycott Of Film
Latest Film News
- Rooney Mara-Ben Mendelsohn Pic ‘Una’ Lands At Swen As Company Launches U.S. Arm
- ‘Split’ Scares In Solid $2M In Previews – Friday AM Box Office
- ‘Wind River’ Partners Riverstone Pictures & Thunder Road Make Overall Deal – Sundance
- Wanda Says Thomas Tull Not Fired From Legendary Over ‘The Great Wall’
- Berlin Sets Lineup, Adds Stanley Tucci’s ‘Final Portrait’ & Catherine Deneuve Starrer ‘Midwife’
- Pinewood Atlanta, Georgia Film Academy To Host Sundance Event For Indie Talent