Universal Pictures has just scheduled its laffer R.I.P.D. for June 28, 2013. The Robert Schwentke-directed supernatural comedy is based on a Matt Manfredi & Phil Hay-scripted film centering on a police force comprised of undead officers, based on the Peter Lenkov comic. (R.I.P.D. stands for the otherworldly Rest In Peace Department). Zach Galifianakis was going to star but exited over timing issues since Ryan Reynolds was on the hook for a Warner Bros sequel to Green Lantern. So Oscar-winner Jeff Bridges teamed up instead. R.I.P.D. is produced by Neal H. Moritz, Michael Fottrell, and Mike Richardson.
TOLDJA! Universal Schedules Jeff Bridges & Ryan Reynolds Corpse Comedy R.I.P.D.
What's Hot on Deadline
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
'American Horror Story' At Paley Fest: Is Sarah Paulson's Supreme 'Coven' Character Returning In Season 7?
Family-Branded Films On Fire: 'Beauty And The Beast' Headed To $90M+; 'Power Rangers' Mighty With $40M+
Latest Film News
- Bart & Fleming: Johnny Depp, Natalie Portman Drive Tempting Packages As Strike Talk Looms
- George Lucas Family Foundation Donates An Additional $10M To USC In Support of Student Diversity
- ‘The Boss Baby’ Review: Alec Baldwin Is Newborn On A Mission In Funny & Frenetic Toon
- Roman Polanski Lashes Out As Judge Ponders Possible U.S. Return
- ‘Ness’ Locks Up Paul Greengrass And Brian Helgeland For Paramount Pictures
- Jim Gianopulos Takes Reins Of Paramount As Chairman & CEO