Universal Pictures has just scheduled its laffer R.I.P.D. for June 28, 2013. The Robert Schwentke-directed supernatural comedy is based on a Matt Manfredi & Phil Hay-scripted film centering on a police force comprised of undead officers, based on the Peter Lenkov comic. (R.I.P.D. stands for the otherworldly Rest In Peace Department). Zach Galifianakis was going to star but exited over timing issues since Ryan Reynolds was on the hook for a Warner Bros sequel to Green Lantern. So Oscar-winner Jeff Bridges teamed up instead. R.I.P.D. is produced by Neal H. Moritz, Michael Fottrell, and Mike Richardson.
TOLDJA! Universal Schedules Jeff Bridges & Ryan Reynolds Corpse Comedy R.I.P.D.
What's Hot on Deadline
'It' Becoming Biggest Horror Pic Ever Beating 'The Exorcist'; 'Annabelle: Creation' Scares Up $100M+
Brian Kilmeade Whines Jimmy Kimmel "Attacked Me" After Being Called "Phony Little Creep" In Health Care Fracas
'America's Got Talent' Finale Ratings Hit 6-Year High, 'MasterChef' Down From 2016, 'Big Brother' Up
Latest Film News
- Peter Bart: In A Polarized U.S., Hollywood Struggles To Find The Mainstream
- Sony Pictures Classics Closes Israeli Foreign Language Oscar Entry ‘Foxtrot’
- Adam Baldwin Cast In ‘The Kid’; Denise Richards, Joey Lawrence Join ‘Pistachio’
- AFM 2017: Films From 32 Female Directors To Screen; Only Four Are U.S. Produced
- ‘Peter Rabbit’ Trailer: James Corden Hops In As The Kid-Lit Legend
- The Deadline Podcast: “Fired Directors”, With Guest Ted Kotcheff