Universal Pictures has just scheduled its laffer R.I.P.D. for June 28, 2013. The Robert Schwentke-directed supernatural comedy is based on a Matt Manfredi & Phil Hay-scripted film centering on a police force comprised of undead officers, based on the Peter Lenkov comic. (R.I.P.D. stands for the otherworldly Rest In Peace Department). Zach Galifianakis was going to star but exited over timing issues since Ryan Reynolds was on the hook for a Warner Bros sequel to Green Lantern. So Oscar-winner Jeff Bridges teamed up instead. R.I.P.D. is produced by Neal H. Moritz, Michael Fottrell, and Mike Richardson.
TOLDJA! Universal Schedules Jeff Bridges & Ryan Reynolds Corpse Comedy R.I.P.D.
What's Hot on Deadline
'Parks & Rec' Mike Schur Says "Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey"; 'Leftovers' Damon Lindelof Regrets Theroux Jokes
'Transparent' Creator Jill Soloway Won't Discuss Jeffrey Tambor Scandal, Advocates Anti-Harassment On-Set Rules
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest Film News
- Harvey Weinstein Drew Up 91-Name List For Investigators To Target: Report
- Little People Played Big Enough At A Guild Screening Of Alexander Payne’s ‘Downsizing’
- Hollywood Split Over Al Franken; Former ‘SNL’ Cast Members Take Sides
- David Cassidy Hospitalized With Reported Organ Failure
- Ann Wedgeworth Dies: ‘Three’s Company’, ‘Sweet Dreams’ Actress Was 83
- Malcolm Young Dies: AC/DC Guitarist Rocked Charts & TV-Film Soundtracks