It didn’t break any ratings records, but the Steven Spielberg-produced alien TNT drama series Falling Skies had a solid debut last night. The series starring Noah Wyle drew 5.9 million viewers for its 9-11 PM opener to become the most-watched cable premiere since TNT’s Rizzoli & Isles (7.6 million) last summer, outpacing the October debut of AMC’s The Walking Dead (5.3 million). Among adults 18-49, Falling Skies averaged 2.64 million, which fell between the premieres of Walking Dead (3.6 million) and Rizzoli & Isles (2.1 million). Falling Skies, which received mostly positive reviews, moves into its regular 10 PM slot this Sunday. Plans for a second season are already underway, with Remi Aubuchon on board as showrunner.
TNT's 'Falling Skies' Off To Strong Start
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Zbigniew Brzezinski Dies: Jimmy Carter’s National Security Adviser & MSNBC Host Mika Brzezinski’s Father…
- Donald Trump Son-In Law Jared Kushner Discussed Secret Communication Channel With Russia: Report
- Stephen Colbert Explains How Donald Trump Alpha-Dogged His Way Through NATO Summit
- ‘The Simpsons’: Donald Trump Gets A Thank-You From Richard Nixon’s Ghost
- Viacom’s Great Program Migration: Guide To Which Show Moved Where
- MSNBC President Phil Griffin Signs New Deal; Whither Goest Lawrence O’Donnell?