Reports about Universal’s dating of the John Le Carre adaptation Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy on November 18 have blown out of proportion about what occurred. Reports make it sound like the movie changed hands. It hasn’t, at all. Universal-owned Focus Features will put the picture out, something that was a possibility way back when Deadline revealed that the picture was acquired as one of the hottest titles at the Berlin Film Festival. It feels more like a Focus film. But there was no fresh acquisition, and Universal hasn’t stepped away from the film. It’s the same company. The Tomas Alfredson-directed film stars Gary Oldman, Colin Firth, Tom Hardy, Mark Strong and Ciaran Hinds.
'Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy' Gets Release Date, But Was Not Dropped By Universal
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Universal Reuniting Matt Damon & Paul Greengrass For Another Jason Bourne Film
- Bart & Fleming: On Football Violence, And Rethinking Toronto Vs. Telluride Turf War
- What Was I Thinking? IFC President Jonathan Sehring On Funding 'Boyhood' For 12 Years
- Ashley Judd & Demian Bichir Join Voltage's 'Good Kids'
- Toronto: Magnolia, CNN Films Buys 'Sunshine Superman'
- Toronto: Second Jennifer Aniston Pic Catches Buzz North Of The Border