Reports about Universal’s dating of the John Le Carre adaptation Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy on November 18 have blown out of proportion about what occurred. Reports make it sound like the movie changed hands. It hasn’t, at all. Universal-owned Focus Features will put the picture out, something that was a possibility way back when Deadline revealed that the picture was acquired as one of the hottest titles at the Berlin Film Festival. It feels more like a Focus film. But there was no fresh acquisition, and Universal hasn’t stepped away from the film. It’s the same company. The Tomas Alfredson-directed film stars Gary Oldman, Colin Firth, Tom Hardy, Mark Strong and Ciaran Hinds.
'Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy' Gets Release Date, But Was Not Dropped By Universal
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Universal Changes ‘Pitch Perfect 3’ Release Date Again; ‘Girl Trip’ Moves In
- Weinstein Company Blasts Open Road & ‘Little Prince’ Producers Over $35M ‘Playmobil…
- ‘Rogue One’: Re-Shoots But No Test Screening; Release Date Not Impacted
- Viacom Watchers Wonder: Who’d Step In If Sumner Redstone Cleans House?
- Cate Blanchett’s Broadway Debut With Chekhovian ‘The Present’ Sets House & Cast
- WGA West Pencils In $4 Million Surplus For Fiscal 2016