Reports about Universal’s dating of the John Le Carre adaptation Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy on November 18 have blown out of proportion about what occurred. Reports make it sound like the movie changed hands. It hasn’t, at all. Universal-owned Focus Features will put the picture out, something that was a possibility way back when Deadline revealed that the picture was acquired as one of the hottest titles at the Berlin Film Festival. It feels more like a Focus film. But there was no fresh acquisition, and Universal hasn’t stepped away from the film. It’s the same company. The Tomas Alfredson-directed film stars Gary Oldman, Colin Firth, Tom Hardy, Mark Strong and Ciaran Hinds.
'Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy' Gets Release Date, But Was Not Dropped By Universal
What's Hot on Deadline
Trevor Noah Fracas "Much Ado About Nothing," Millennials Get Him, Says Aasif Mandvi, Quoting 451-Year-Old Playwright
Latest Film News
- Exit Hugh Jackman, Enter Josephine Baker: Cush Jumbo’s Changing Times
- ‘American Sniper’ Helmer Clint Eastwood Finds Jewell Project; Can Fox And Warner Bros Work It Out?
- Antonio Banderas In ‘The 33′ Trailer: “I Believe We’ll Make It Out Of Here!”
- HBO Scientology Documentary ‘Going Clear’ Clocks 1.65M Viewers In Premiere
- Electric Entertainment Taps Craig Gates; Tyler Ross Books ‘Officer Downe’
- Relativity Picks Up Eric Bress’ Spec ‘American Drifter’