Exactly one month before CBS’ Criminal Minds is scheduled to start production on its upcoming 7th season, there is still no deal for co-star Thomas Gibson. And word is that talks between the actor and CBS have stalled. That is creating an issue for the series’ writers who convened at the beginning of last week to break stories and work on scripts for next season. Gibson’s character, Supervisory Special Agent Aaron Hotchner, has been key to the show’s storylines, so it would be difficult to map out next season without knowing if he will be back. Expectation is that a deal will eventually be made as the show is looking for cast stability after the drama surrounding co-stars A.J. Cook, Paget Brewster and Rachel Nichols this past season. Despite not having a deal, Gibson has been fulfilling all Criminal Minds obligations. He mingled with international buyers at the LA Screenings and is currently in Europe. Along with Criminal Minds co-star Matthew Gray Gubler he will represent the show at the Monte Carlo TV festival, which starts tomorrow, and will also participate in a press junket in London.
Thomas Gibson's Fate On 'Criminal Minds' Still In Limbo As Production Start Looms
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Raycom Media TV Stations Blacked Out By DirecTV In Carriage Dispute
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over