The screen rights to the upcoming Demosthenes Armeniades novel The Secret (Of Happiness) has been optioned by producer Scott Melrose, who optioned the book and set Armeniades to write the script. Melrose found development financing for a story about a successful businessman who teams up with a Wal-Mart clerk to reverse the power of a moneymaking exponential algorithm, which they turn into a system for enriching charities. The book will be published later this year. Armeniades is a Harvard law graduate who worked on Wall Street and then practiced international law.
'The Secret (Of Happiness)' In Screen Deal
What's Hot on Deadline
DC Digital Service To Launch With 'Titans' Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And 'Young Justice: Outsiders'
Trevor Noah On Trump Ignoring First 100 Days: If Voters Chose The Number They Preferred "You Wouldn’t Be In The White House”
'Bates Motel' Shuts Its Doors With Bloody Series Finale; Will Other Hitchcock Pics Find Their Way To TV?
Latest Film News
- ‘Isle Of Dogs’: Fox Searchlight Fetches 2018 Date For Wes Anderson’s All-Star Toon
- WGA Establishes Strike Fund In Preparation For Walkout
- ‘Star Wars,’ ‘Frozen 2’ And ‘The Lion King’: Disney Unleashes A Barrage Of Release Dates
- WWE Ring Titan Vince McMahon Getting His Close-Up With ‘Pandemonium’
- IFC Midnight Nabs ‘Darkness Rising’; Music Box Tunes Up ‘Chavela’ Docu
- Roman Polanski Rape Victim Joins Director’s Latest Effort For U.S. Return