EXCLUSIVE: Starz said today that due to significant production challenges, the network has decided not to exercise the option for subsequent seasons of its freshman original series Camelot. We’ve heard that scheduling conflicts with some of the actors were part of the problem for the Ireland-shot costume drama, which stars Joseph Feinnes, Jamie Campbell Bower and Eva Green and takes off on the King Arthur legend. GK-tv, Octagon Films and Take 5 Prods produced. Camelot wrapped its first season earlier this month by drawing 1.5 million total viewers, the second-highest viewership for the series behind its two-hour premiere, which set a network record for a series bow. It had been on a ratings upswing for its final few episodes.
Starz Declines Option To Renew 'Camelot'
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Expendables 4' Muscles Up: Sylvester Stallone Action Pic & 'Rambo 5' Sell To China In Eight-Figure Co-Fi Deal
Billboard Music Awards Ratings Hit Low, 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine' Finale Rises, NBA Up With Warriors' Win
Matt Groening Netflix Animated Comedy A Go With 20-Episode Order, Abbi Jacobson, Nat Faxon & Eric Andre Lead Voice Cast
Latest TV News
- New Hollywood Podcast: Will Yun Lee Talks ‘The Good Doctor’, The Challenges For Asian American Actors
- ‘Kidding’ Casts Bernard White; Bria Vinaite Joins ‘The OA’
- CBS Sets Summer Premiere Dates For ‘Big Brother’, ‘TKO’ & ‘Salvation’ Season 2
- ‘Roseanne’ Steals Spotlight As NBC, CBS Repeat Season Wins In Demo, Viewers
- Universal Television Alternative Studio Names Jason Steinberg Head Of Postproduction
- ‘The Sinner’: Elisha Henig Cast As Series Regular In Season 2 Of USA Network Series