EXCLUSIVE: A low seven-figure spec script deal just went down as Sony Pictures acquired a spec script with the working title Sex Tape. Written by Kate Angelo, it’s about a married couple who get a night off from their kids, get adventurous and decide to spice up their lives by making a sex tape. When they wake the following morning, the tape is missing, and they must find out who took it and how to get it back. The project will be produced by Escape Artists partners Todd Black, Jason Blumenthal and Steve Tisch, who came up with the idea. UTA and David Fox rep Angelo, who most recently scripted the Jennifer Lopez romantic comedy The Back-Up Plan. Columbia Pictures execs Andrea Giannetti and Adam Milano will steer a project that will be fast tracked.
Sony Pictures Pays Big Bucks To Buy 'Sex Tape'
What's Hot on Deadline
Tom Rothman Takes A Shot At Netflix As He Reveals The "New Sony"; Plus 'Spider-Man' Interview - CinemaCon
Latest Film News
- Paramount CinemaCon Presentation Kicks Off With Dwayne Johnson & Dancing Bathing Suit-Clad Beach Peeps — Live
- Covert Media & Broken Road Buy ‘Kansas’ Pitch From Rich Talarico
- No. 7 ‘Sing’ Box Office Profits – 2016 Most Valuable Movie Blockbuster Tournament
- ‘Ferdinand’ Trailer: John Cena Is Bullish On Fox Toon Based On Classic Kids Book
- Christine Kaufmann Dies: Golden Globe-Winning Actress Was 72
- ‘A Ghost Story’ Trailer: Casey Affleck Haunts Rooney Mara In Indie Drama