EXCLUSIVE: A low seven-figure spec script deal just went down as Sony Pictures acquired a spec script with the working title Sex Tape. Written by Kate Angelo, it’s about a married couple who get a night off from their kids, get adventurous and decide to spice up their lives by making a sex tape. When they wake the following morning, the tape is missing, and they must find out who took it and how to get it back. The project will be produced by Escape Artists partners Todd Black, Jason Blumenthal and Steve Tisch, who came up with the idea. UTA and David Fox rep Angelo, who most recently scripted the Jennifer Lopez romantic comedy The Back-Up Plan. Columbia Pictures execs Andrea Giannetti and Adam Milano will steer a project that will be fast tracked.
Sony Pictures Pays Big Bucks To Buy 'Sex Tape'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Revenge' Ratings Leap After Cancellation, 'Secrets & Lies', 'Last Man On Earth' & 'Madam Secretary' Finales Even
'Last Man On Earth' Finale: EPs Phil Lord & Christopher Miller Tease "Awesome" Season 2 & Post-Apocalyptic Fun
Latest Film News
- Participant Media Ups Sam Neswick To Chief Strategist
- Three Exit First Artists Management To Set Up New Agency
- Nu Image Invites ‘Leatherface’, Pair Of Thrillers To Cannes Market
- ‘Midnight Rider’ Director Claims Innocence In Sarah Jones Case Despite Pleading Guilty
- ‘Ultron’s $191.3M Bow Spikes Weekend’s Total B.O. To 51% Over 2014 – Final Monday Update
- ‘Horrible Bosses 2′ Helmer Sean Anders Re-Unites With Jennifer Aniston In ‘Mean Moms’