EXCLUSIVE: A low seven-figure spec script deal just went down as Sony Pictures acquired a spec script with the working title Sex Tape. Written by Kate Angelo, it’s about a married couple who get a night off from their kids, get adventurous and decide to spice up their lives by making a sex tape. When they wake the following morning, the tape is missing, and they must find out who took it and how to get it back. The project will be produced by Escape Artists partners Todd Black, Jason Blumenthal and Steve Tisch, who came up with the idea. UTA and David Fox rep Angelo, who most recently scripted the Jennifer Lopez romantic comedy The Back-Up Plan. Columbia Pictures execs Andrea Giannetti and Adam Milano will steer a project that will be fast tracked.
Sony Pictures Pays Big Bucks To Buy 'Sex Tape'
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Martian' Suspended Between $55M-$56M; 'The Walk's Hang-Up In Large Format - Sunday B.O. Postmortem
'Fear The Walking Dead' Finale: Gale Anne Hurd On Season 2, 'Walking Dead' Season 6 & No Zombie Apocalypse Crossover
Latest Film News
- Spielberg And Hanks Back In Oscar Game With Stirring ‘Bridge Of Spies’ – NYFF World Premiere
- Spielberg, DreamWorks SKG In Negotiations With NBCUniversal Now To Join Studio
- Hasbro Chief Talks Transformers 5 Through 8 At Mipjunior
- Relativity Bankruptcy: Ryan Kavanaugh Says He Has A Plan To Keep Control Of Everything But TV
- ‘The Martian’ Tops $100M Worldwide In Opening, $55M Abroad – Int’l Box Office
- Gabrielle Carteris Re-Elected As EVP Of SAG-AFTRA, National VP/LA Is Clyde Kusatsu – Update