EXCLUSIVE: A low seven-figure spec script deal just went down as Sony Pictures acquired a spec script with the working title Sex Tape. Written by Kate Angelo, it’s about a married couple who get a night off from their kids, get adventurous and decide to spice up their lives by making a sex tape. When they wake the following morning, the tape is missing, and they must find out who took it and how to get it back. The project will be produced by Escape Artists partners Todd Black, Jason Blumenthal and Steve Tisch, who came up with the idea. UTA and David Fox rep Angelo, who most recently scripted the Jennifer Lopez romantic comedy The Back-Up Plan. Columbia Pictures execs Andrea Giannetti and Adam Milano will steer a project that will be fast tracked.
Sony Pictures Pays Big Bucks To Buy 'Sex Tape'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Newtown’ Filmmakers Pull Film From 100+ Cinemark Theaters To Stand With Aurora Theater Shooting Families
- Nick Cannon Moves Into Hollywood Hills Feature
- New York Film Critics Circle To Vote December 1
- Samuel Goldwyn & AMBI To Release ‘This Beautiful Fantastic’ In 2017
- CAA Signs Johnny Depp, Ending Long Run At UTA
- Gravitas Nabs Psychological Horror Film ‘City Of Dead Men,’ Releases Trailer