EXCLUSIVE: A low seven-figure spec script deal just went down as Sony Pictures acquired a spec script with the working title Sex Tape. Written by Kate Angelo, it’s about a married couple who get a night off from their kids, get adventurous and decide to spice up their lives by making a sex tape. When they wake the following morning, the tape is missing, and they must find out who took it and how to get it back. The project will be produced by Escape Artists partners Todd Black, Jason Blumenthal and Steve Tisch, who came up with the idea. UTA and David Fox rep Angelo, who most recently scripted the Jennifer Lopez romantic comedy The Back-Up Plan. Columbia Pictures execs Andrea Giannetti and Adam Milano will steer a project that will be fast tracked.
Sony Pictures Pays Big Bucks To Buy 'Sex Tape'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Empire' Ratings Hit Another New Low, 'Hairspray Live!' Equals Live Low Of 2014's 'Peter Pan' For NBC
Latest Film News
- Producers Guild To Honor ‘Loving’ With Stanley Kramer Award
- ‘Kubo’ Director & Laika Founder Travis Knight Inks With CAA
- Gkids Acquires Dash Shaw’s ‘My Entire High School Sinking Into The Sea’
- Flint Water Crisis Documentary In The Works From Paul Haggis
- Toni Collette & Matthew Goode To Star In Comedy ‘Birthmarked’
- ‘Baywatch’ Trailer: Dwayne Johnson & Zac Efron Are On A Mission To Save The Beach