Sony Pictures Classics announced today that it is expanding Woody Allen’s Midnight In Paris to 1038 screens for the weekend, making it the widest-released film of Allen’s career. The comedy has been riding strong buzz and solid word-of-mouth that began with its well-received world premiere at the Cannes Film Festival last month; it has earned more than $16 million domestic so far and is in its fifth week on U.S. screens. Last week, it finished No. 8 at the box office.
Sony Classics Expands 'Midnight In Paris'
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Ben Bradlee Dead At 93, Washington Post Editor During Watergate Era — Update
- 'American Dad!' Moves to TBS; 2.5 Million Follow
- 'Law & Order: SVU' Tackles Sports And Domestic Violence
- 'Z Nation' Renewed For Second Season On Syfy
- Warner Bros Shifts 'San Andreas' Release To May 29
- CBS To Launch Classic TV Digital Channel