EXCLUSIVE: Sofia Vergara, who was announced to be part of the cast in the Lee Daniels-directed drama The Paperboy, has just dropped out of the film. These independent films take forever to come together, and when the start date of the movie got pushed back a week, the schedule conflicted with her day job on Modern Family, whose third season will be getting underway by then. “Modern Family is her first priority, so once she was made aware of the change in schedule, she had no choice but to pull,” said an insider in her camp. Vergara did have time on her hiatus to star for Peter and Bobby Farrelly in The Three Stooges, and she has wrapped that role. Matthew McConaughey, Zac Efron and Tobey Maguire star in The Paperboy, which is based on the Pete Dexter novel about a newspaper reporter who returns home to Florida to investigate the possible unlawful imprisonment of a death-row inmate. Millennium/Nu Image picked up the Pedro Almodovar-produced film during Cannes last month.
Sofia Vergara Cancels 'The Paperboy'
What's Hot on Deadline
Venice Film Festival Sets Lido Launch For Aronofsky, Clooney, Del Toro, Payne & More As Awards Buzz Begins - Full List
Netflix 'Triple Frontier' Eyes August Start; Mark Wahlberg, Charlie Hunnam, Garrett Hedlund, Pedro Pascal In Talks
James Franco & Maggie Gyllenhaal 1970s Porn HBO Series 'The Deuce': It's Not Misogyny, It's Business - TCA
Latest Film News
- Luc Besson’s ‘Valerian’ Gets China Release Date In Late August
- Judy Greer Set To Return For Marvel’s ‘Ant-Man And The Wasp’
- ‘Atomic Blonde’: How Sierra/Affinity Bottled Its Blonde
- ‘Sweet Valley High’ Movie Gets Kirsten Smith & Harper Dill To Script YA Adaptation
- ‘High Wire Act’: Bleecker Street Acquires 1980s Spy Thriller Starring Jon Hamm & Rosamund Pike
- Aaron Taylor-Johnson Is Scottish Legend James Douglas In Netflix’s ‘Outlaw King’