EXCLUSIVE: Sofia Vergara, who was announced to be part of the cast in the Lee Daniels-directed drama The Paperboy, has just dropped out of the film. These independent films take forever to come together, and when the start date of the movie got pushed back a week, the schedule conflicted with her day job on Modern Family, whose third season will be getting underway by then. “Modern Family is her first priority, so once she was made aware of the change in schedule, she had no choice but to pull,” said an insider in her camp. Vergara did have time on her hiatus to star for Peter and Bobby Farrelly in The Three Stooges, and she has wrapped that role. Matthew McConaughey, Zac Efron and Tobey Maguire star in The Paperboy, which is based on the Pete Dexter novel about a newspaper reporter who returns home to Florida to investigate the possible unlawful imprisonment of a death-row inmate. Millennium/Nu Image picked up the Pedro Almodovar-produced film during Cannes last month.
Sofia Vergara Cancels 'The Paperboy'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Mr. Robot' Season 3 Finale Shocker: Sam Esmail On Tonight's Revelation, Surprise Guest & What's Next In Season 4
ABC Pulls 'The Great American Baking Show' & Axes Judge Johnny Iuzzini Amid Sexual Misconduct Allegations
Latest Film News
- ‘Kingsman’ Creator Says Disney Merger “Bad For Fox,” OK For ‘X-Men’ Reboot
- James Gunn & The H Collective Team For Untitled Horror Film
- Warner Animation Group Sets Allison Abbate & Chris Leahy As Toppers
- Sports Illustrated TV, Filmmaker Mike Tollin To Release Docu ‘We Town’
- ‘Loving Vincent’ Director Hugh Welchman Trained An Army Of Oil Painters For The First Fully-Painted Feature Film
- Peter Rice Promises Nervous Fox Staff To “Answer Any Questions” About Disney Deal At Trio Of Town Halls Today