RJ Cutler, director of the Anna Wintour documentary The September Issue, has optioned the rights to Rudolph Delson’s 2007 novel Maynard & Jennica, which he will adapt to direct as a feature. Maynard & Jennica is romantic comedy about a Gotham-based filmmaker who meets and has a relationship with a California transplant with stars in her eyes. In the book, the romance is told by 35 first-person narrators, ranging from friends to a macaw to dead ancestors. Cutler is currently executive producing Spring/Fall for HBO, which stars Tea Leoni, Hope Davis, Sigourney Weaver and Stockard Channing and is currently filming its pilot episode in New York. He is also developing as a feature Fabulous Nobodies, an adaptation of the Lee Tulloch novel. Cutler is represented by CAA and Mosaic.
'September Issue' Helmer Moves To 'Maynard & Jennica'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- WGA West Pencils In $4 Million Surplus For Fiscal 2016
- Colin Trevorrow’s ‘The Book Of Henry’ To Hit Theaters In September
- ‘So B. It’ Clip: Alfre Woodard & Talitha Bateman Bring Sarah Weeks’ YA Book To Life – LA…
- ‘Alice’ Sees $62.7M In Offshore Looking Glass; ‘Warcraft’ Scores $31.7M; ‘X-Men’ Cumes $183.4M – Int’l Box…
- ‘Mary Poppins’ Sequel Gets Title & Release Date From Disney
- ‘The Shield’ Actor Michael Jace Guilty Of Second-Degree Murder