RJ Cutler, director of the Anna Wintour documentary The September Issue, has optioned the rights to Rudolph Delson’s 2007 novel Maynard & Jennica, which he will adapt to direct as a feature. Maynard & Jennica is romantic comedy about a Gotham-based filmmaker who meets and has a relationship with a California transplant with stars in her eyes. In the book, the romance is told by 35 first-person narrators, ranging from friends to a macaw to dead ancestors. Cutler is currently executive producing Spring/Fall for HBO, which stars Tea Leoni, Hope Davis, Sigourney Weaver and Stockard Channing and is currently filming its pilot episode in New York. He is also developing as a feature Fabulous Nobodies, an adaptation of the Lee Tulloch novel. Cutler is represented by CAA and Mosaic.
'September Issue' Helmer Moves To 'Maynard & Jennica'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Gal Gadot In Talks To Join Bradley Cooper In MGM’s ‘Deeper’
- Kevin Sorbo’s Faith-Based ‘Let There Be Light’ From Exec Producer Sean Hannity Gets Release Date
- ‘Kingsman: The Golden Circle’s Matthew Vaughn On Avoiding Franchise Fatigue & His Trilogy Ambition…
- eOne Acquires Worldwide Rights For Kate Winslet Starring Biopic About WWII Photojournalist Lee Miller
- Matt Damon To Receive Stanley Kubrick Britannia Award From BAFTA LA
- SXSW Winner ‘Most Beautiful Island’ Gets Nov. Release From Orion & Samuel Goldwyn