RJ Cutler, director of the Anna Wintour documentary The September Issue, has optioned the rights to Rudolph Delson’s 2007 novel Maynard & Jennica, which he will adapt to direct as a feature. Maynard & Jennica is romantic comedy about a Gotham-based filmmaker who meets and has a relationship with a California transplant with stars in her eyes. In the book, the romance is told by 35 first-person narrators, ranging from friends to a macaw to dead ancestors. Cutler is currently executive producing Spring/Fall for HBO, which stars Tea Leoni, Hope Davis, Sigourney Weaver and Stockard Channing and is currently filming its pilot episode in New York. He is also developing as a feature Fabulous Nobodies, an adaptation of the Lee Tulloch novel. Cutler is represented by CAA and Mosaic.
'September Issue' Helmer Moves To 'Maynard & Jennica'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Hail, Caesar!’ Trailer: Coen Brothers’ Latest Looks Like Best-Of Reel (In A Good Way)
- Rob Riggle Takes On Drama With ‘Midnight Sun’ Pic
- Wayne Bastrup Takes Flight In ‘Sully’; Beau Knapp Enlists In ‘Sand Castle’
- Timothy Spall And Colm Meaney In ‘The Journey’: First Look
- Alejandro G. Iñárritu Tapped As Featured Speaker At Produced By: New York
- ‘Amazing Spider-Man 2’ Stuntman Slaps Age-Discrimination Suit On Sony, Marvel & Others