From aliens to pirates — V executive producer/showrunner Scott Rosenbaum has been tapped to write the pilot script for Port Royal, FX’s drama series project produced by Graham King’s GK-tv, Gale Anne Hurd’s Valhalla Entertainment, FX Prods. and Fox International Channels. Based on the original idea by Hurd, Port Royal is set in the late 17th century on the island of Jamaica and chronicles the namesake port’s notorious rise as the “richest and wickedest city” in the new world, and as a self-governing safe haven for cutthroat pirates, corrupt politicians and ruthless merchants. UTA-repped Rosenbaum will executive produce the project with Hurd and GK-tv’s King, Tim Headington and Craig Cegielski. This marks Rosenbaum’s return to FX, where he worked on The Shield before switching to broadcast with stints on Chuck and V. If it goes to series, Port Royal will air on FX domestically and on the Fox International Channels abroad.
Scott Rosenbaum To Write FX's 'Port Royal'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pirates' Hopes To Make Waves Around The World With $230M+ Launch - Memorial Day Weekend Box Office Preview
'The Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' Review: Johnny Depp And A Couple Of Oscar Winners Help Keep This Fun Ride Afloat
Latest International News
- Lars Von Trier’s ‘The House That Jack Built’ Picked Up By IFC Films – Cannes
- ‘The Mummy’ London Premiere Canceled Following Manchester Attack
- Manchester Attack Updates: Police Not Sharing Info With U.S. After Leaks; Eight “Significant” Arrests Made
- ‘Cirque Du Soleil’ Creator Guy Laliberté & Alexandre Amancio Form Reflector Entertainment – Cannes
- ‘How To Talk To Girls At Parties’ Discovery Alex Sharp Makes His Croisette Debut – Cannes
- ‘Oh Lucy!’: How Josh Hartnett Transformed Himself Into A Romantic Svengali – Cannes Film Festival