From aliens to pirates — V executive producer/showrunner Scott Rosenbaum has been tapped to write the pilot script for Port Royal, FX’s drama series project produced by Graham King’s GK-tv, Gale Anne Hurd’s Valhalla Entertainment, FX Prods. and Fox International Channels. Based on the original idea by Hurd, Port Royal is set in the late 17th century on the island of Jamaica and chronicles the namesake port’s notorious rise as the “richest and wickedest city” in the new world, and as a self-governing safe haven for cutthroat pirates, corrupt politicians and ruthless merchants. UTA-repped Rosenbaum will executive produce the project with Hurd and GK-tv’s King, Tim Headington and Craig Cegielski. This marks Rosenbaum’s return to FX, where he worked on The Shield before switching to broadcast with stints on Chuck and V. If it goes to series, Port Royal will air on FX domestically and on the Fox International Channels abroad.
Scott Rosenbaum To Write FX's 'Port Royal'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Me And Earl And The Dying Girl' Takes Top Dramatic Honors At Sundance; Is It The Next 'Whiplash'? - Winners List
ADG Awards: 'Birdman', 'Grand Budapest Hotel', & 'Guardians' Take Top Film Prizes - 'Game Of Thrones', 'True Detective Among TV Winners
More From Andreeva
- Bryan Cranston & David Shore’s 'Sneaky Pete', Civil Rights Crime Drama From Rene Balcer Get CBS Pilot Orders
- Johnny Knoxville, Jermaine Fowler Projects, NBA Buddy Show Among 7 ABC Comedy Pilot Orders
- ABC Picks Up 4 Drama Pilots
- Busy Philipps Joins HBO Comedy Series 'Vice Principals'
- Medical Drama ‘LFE’ Gets CBS Pilot Order
- Idina Menzel To Star In ‘Happy Time’ Comedy Produced By Ellen DeGeneres