From aliens to pirates — V executive producer/showrunner Scott Rosenbaum has been tapped to write the pilot script for Port Royal, FX’s drama series project produced by Graham King’s GK-tv, Gale Anne Hurd’s Valhalla Entertainment, FX Prods. and Fox International Channels. Based on the original idea by Hurd, Port Royal is set in the late 17th century on the island of Jamaica and chronicles the namesake port’s notorious rise as the “richest and wickedest city” in the new world, and as a self-governing safe haven for cutthroat pirates, corrupt politicians and ruthless merchants. UTA-repped Rosenbaum will executive produce the project with Hurd and GK-tv’s King, Tim Headington and Craig Cegielski. This marks Rosenbaum’s return to FX, where he worked on The Shield before switching to broadcast with stints on Chuck and V. If it goes to series, Port Royal will air on FX domestically and on the Fox International Channels abroad.
Scott Rosenbaum To Write FX's 'Port Royal'
What's Hot on Deadline
James Bond 25 Sets Distribution: Universal Wins International, MGM Releases Domestic Through Annapurna Joint Venture
David Cross Latest 'Arrested Development' Star To Apologize To Jessica Walter; Show's UK Press Tour Canceled
'Show Dogs' Getting Re-Cut By Global Road In Response To Concerns Over Inappropriate Sex Abuse Message
Latest International News
- ‘Violent Delights’ Rounds Out Cast With Wolf Fleetwood-Ross & More
- World Cup: Will Smith, Nicky Jam ‘Live It Up’ For Soccer Tourney’s Official Song
- China Film Bureau Names Wang Xiaohui As New Head Of Department
- New European Privacy Law Set, Flooding Inboxes With Mailing List Updates
- Donald Trump Pardons Boxing Great Jack Johnson, Punches Barack Obama As Sly Stallone Watches
- Donald Trump Jumps At Chance To Cancel Summit, Beating Kim Jong-un To Punch