From aliens to pirates – V executive producer/showrunner Scott Rosenbaum has been tapped to write the pilot script for Port Royal, FX’s drama series project produced by Graham King’s GK-tv, Gale Anne Hurd’s Valhalla Entertainment, FX Prods. and Fox International Channels. Based on the original idea by Hurd, Port Royal is set in the late 17th century on the island of Jamaica and chronicles the namesake port’s notorious rise as the “richest and wickedest city” in the new world, and as a self-governing safe haven for cutthroat pirates, corrupt politicians and ruthless merchants. UTA-repped Rosenbaum will executive produce the project with Hurd and GK-tv’s King, Tim Headington and Craig Cegielski. This marks Rosenbaum’s return to FX, where he worked on The Shield before switching to broadcast with stints on Chuck and V. If it goes to series, Port Royal will air on FX domestically and on the Fox International Channels abroad.
Scott Rosenbaum To Write FX's 'Port Royal'
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par In Households, Slip In Demo With Host Cameron Diaz
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox
- Resolution's Cynthia Booth & Emma Lewis Join Don Buchwald & Associates