From aliens to pirates — V executive producer/showrunner Scott Rosenbaum has been tapped to write the pilot script for Port Royal, FX’s drama series project produced by Graham King’s GK-tv, Gale Anne Hurd’s Valhalla Entertainment, FX Prods. and Fox International Channels. Based on the original idea by Hurd, Port Royal is set in the late 17th century on the island of Jamaica and chronicles the namesake port’s notorious rise as the “richest and wickedest city” in the new world, and as a self-governing safe haven for cutthroat pirates, corrupt politicians and ruthless merchants. UTA-repped Rosenbaum will executive produce the project with Hurd and GK-tv’s King, Tim Headington and Craig Cegielski. This marks Rosenbaum’s return to FX, where he worked on The Shield before switching to broadcast with stints on Chuck and V. If it goes to series, Port Royal will air on FX domestically and on the Fox International Channels abroad.
Scott Rosenbaum To Write FX's 'Port Royal'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest International News
- Few Details From News Conference With Lawyer Of Woman At Center Of LAPD Harvey Weinstein Probe
- Ex-Deputy L.A. Film Czar Appointed To New AFCI Position Of President
- China Box Office Poised To Hit $8.31B In 2017, Regulator Forecasts
- Lorenzo di Bonaventura On Moviegoing In A Streaming World: “We Still Have The Advantage Of Spectacle”
- Model Amy Elmore Shares Harrowing Personal Abuse: “It’s Time To Talk About Sexual Predators In The Modeling Business”…
- Jacki Weaver, James Caan Join ‘Out Of Blue’ Neo-Noir Feature From Carol Morley