From aliens to pirates — V executive producer/showrunner Scott Rosenbaum has been tapped to write the pilot script for Port Royal, FX’s drama series project produced by Graham King’s GK-tv, Gale Anne Hurd’s Valhalla Entertainment, FX Prods. and Fox International Channels. Based on the original idea by Hurd, Port Royal is set in the late 17th century on the island of Jamaica and chronicles the namesake port’s notorious rise as the “richest and wickedest city” in the new world, and as a self-governing safe haven for cutthroat pirates, corrupt politicians and ruthless merchants. UTA-repped Rosenbaum will executive produce the project with Hurd and GK-tv’s King, Tim Headington and Craig Cegielski. This marks Rosenbaum’s return to FX, where he worked on The Shield before switching to broadcast with stints on Chuck and V. If it goes to series, Port Royal will air on FX domestically and on the Fox International Channels abroad.
Scott Rosenbaum To Write FX's 'Port Royal'
What's Hot on Deadline
Mayweather-McGregor PPV Fight Could Punch Up $700M Worldwide, Making Domestic Box Office Meaningless
Latest International News
- Russian Avant-Garde Filmmaker Arrested; Pussy Riot Blames “Putin’s Butchers”
- Cannes Winner ‘The Square’ Is Sweden’s Foreign Language Oscar Pick
- Mark Gordon Bullish On Shonda Rhimes’ Netflix Move, Talks Network TV’s Rut – Edinburgh
- MacTaggart Lecture: UK’s Jon Snow Calls Out Facebook For Enabling “Fakery”, Jeopardizing Democracy…
- ‘The X Factor UK’ Gets U.S. Season 14 Premiere Date On AXS TV
- ‘Loving Vincent’ Premiere Gets Broadcast; Cornerstone Nabs ‘Apostasy’; Content Takes ‘Bees Make Honey’ – Global…