From aliens to pirates — V executive producer/showrunner Scott Rosenbaum has been tapped to write the pilot script for Port Royal, FX’s drama series project produced by Graham King’s GK-tv, Gale Anne Hurd’s Valhalla Entertainment, FX Prods. and Fox International Channels. Based on the original idea by Hurd, Port Royal is set in the late 17th century on the island of Jamaica and chronicles the namesake port’s notorious rise as the “richest and wickedest city” in the new world, and as a self-governing safe haven for cutthroat pirates, corrupt politicians and ruthless merchants. UTA-repped Rosenbaum will executive produce the project with Hurd and GK-tv’s King, Tim Headington and Craig Cegielski. This marks Rosenbaum’s return to FX, where he worked on The Shield before switching to broadcast with stints on Chuck and V. If it goes to series, Port Royal will air on FX domestically and on the Fox International Channels abroad.
Scott Rosenbaum To Write FX's 'Port Royal'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Chicago P.D.'s Jason Beghe Investigated By NBC For "Inappropriate Behavior" Amid Sexual Harassment Claims
Latest International News
- Canadian Actors Union Branch President Says She Was Sexually Assaulted Four Times
- French Senator, Health Minister Seek To Snub Out Smoking In Movies
- CJ 4DPLEX Continues Euro Expansion With Switzerland’s Kitag Cinemas; INTV Conference Sets Speakers…
- Alexander Skarsgard Joins ‘The Little Drummer Girl’ Opposite Florence Pugh
- ‘The Raid’s Gareth Evans Creates Gangland Drama For HBO’s Cinemax & Sky
- China Box Office Tops $7.5B Milestone; Admissions Up 15% So Far In 2017