From aliens to pirates — V executive producer/showrunner Scott Rosenbaum has been tapped to write the pilot script for Port Royal, FX’s drama series project produced by Graham King’s GK-tv, Gale Anne Hurd’s Valhalla Entertainment, FX Prods. and Fox International Channels. Based on the original idea by Hurd, Port Royal is set in the late 17th century on the island of Jamaica and chronicles the namesake port’s notorious rise as the “richest and wickedest city” in the new world, and as a self-governing safe haven for cutthroat pirates, corrupt politicians and ruthless merchants. UTA-repped Rosenbaum will executive produce the project with Hurd and GK-tv’s King, Tim Headington and Craig Cegielski. This marks Rosenbaum’s return to FX, where he worked on The Shield before switching to broadcast with stints on Chuck and V. If it goes to series, Port Royal will air on FX domestically and on the Fox International Channels abroad.
Scott Rosenbaum To Write FX's 'Port Royal'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Captain America: Civil War' To Break Out In The U.S.; Looks To Defeat 'Ultron's $191M+ Debut - Box Office Preview
'Captain America: Civil War' Grabs $200.4M In Debut; 'Jungle Book' A Beast, And With 'Zootopia' Disney Has $1.24B From Three Titles - Int'l Box Office Final
Donald Trump Drums Ted Cruz Out Of Race, Praises Him As "One Hell Of A Competitor" with "Amazing Future"
Latest International News
- A+E Networks Pacts With Pulse Films, East Entertainment For Intl Distribution
- The Weinstein Company Hoards Overseas Rights To ‘The Nut Job 2’
- Foresight Adds Talia Goldman As Director Of Operations & Distribution – Cannes
- Disney Swingin’ As ‘The Jungle Book’ Beats $700M Global; ‘Captain America: Civil War’ Rises To…
- Seville Racks Up Big Sales On Xavier Dolan’s ‘It’s Only The End Of The World’ – Cannes
- Alfie Allen Joins Jesse Eisenberg’s ‘The Spoils’ In West End Transfer; Slow TV Takes Bus To BBC4…