From aliens to pirates — V executive producer/showrunner Scott Rosenbaum has been tapped to write the pilot script for Port Royal, FX’s drama series project produced by Graham King’s GK-tv, Gale Anne Hurd’s Valhalla Entertainment, FX Prods. and Fox International Channels. Based on the original idea by Hurd, Port Royal is set in the late 17th century on the island of Jamaica and chronicles the namesake port’s notorious rise as the “richest and wickedest city” in the new world, and as a self-governing safe haven for cutthroat pirates, corrupt politicians and ruthless merchants. UTA-repped Rosenbaum will executive produce the project with Hurd and GK-tv’s King, Tim Headington and Craig Cegielski. This marks Rosenbaum’s return to FX, where he worked on The Shield before switching to broadcast with stints on Chuck and V. If it goes to series, Port Royal will air on FX domestically and on the Fox International Channels abroad.
Scott Rosenbaum To Write FX's 'Port Royal'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Power Rangers', 'CHIPS' & A Deep-Space Alien Won't Take This 'Beauty And The Beast' Down - Weekend Box Office Preview
Latest International News
- No. 15 ‘Hidden Figures’ Box Office Profits – 2016 Most Valuable Movie Blockbuster Tournament
- Prime Minister Theresa May Pays Tribute To Officers Who Protected Her And Rushed To Victims In London Attack
- No. 16 ‘Kung Fu Panda 3’ Box Office Profits – 2016 Most Valuable Movie Blockbuster Tournament
- ‘Moonlight’ Crosses $50M+ At Worldwide Box Office With China & Japan On Deck
- ‘Beauty And The Beast’ Makes Room For $222M Offshore, $429M WW On Tuesday
- BBC Leads Wins At RTS Awards For Shows Including ‘Fleabag’ & ‘Happy Valley’