From aliens to pirates — V executive producer/showrunner Scott Rosenbaum has been tapped to write the pilot script for Port Royal, FX’s drama series project produced by Graham King’s GK-tv, Gale Anne Hurd’s Valhalla Entertainment, FX Prods. and Fox International Channels. Based on the original idea by Hurd, Port Royal is set in the late 17th century on the island of Jamaica and chronicles the namesake port’s notorious rise as the “richest and wickedest city” in the new world, and as a self-governing safe haven for cutthroat pirates, corrupt politicians and ruthless merchants. UTA-repped Rosenbaum will executive produce the project with Hurd and GK-tv’s King, Tim Headington and Craig Cegielski. This marks Rosenbaum’s return to FX, where he worked on The Shield before switching to broadcast with stints on Chuck and V. If it goes to series, Port Royal will air on FX domestically and on the Fox International Channels abroad.
Scott Rosenbaum To Write FX's 'Port Royal'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest International News
- Universal $3B+ As ‘Despicable’ Franchise Takes Ani Crown; ‘Wolf Warrior 2’ Bests ‘Avatar’ Record – Int’l Box…
- Celluloid Dreams Names Charlotte Mickie As VP Ahead Of Toronto, Revs Up Sales Rights To Biker Thriller ‘1%’
- ‘The Butterfly Tree’ Clip: Melissa George Sprouts Wings In Toronto Discovery Title
- ‘A Discovery Of Witches’: Teresa Palmer & Matthew Goode To Star In Sky Adaptation
- NFL Teams With China’s Tencent In Three-Year Streaming Deal
- ‘Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri’ To Close London Film Festival