From aliens to pirates — V executive producer/showrunner Scott Rosenbaum has been tapped to write the pilot script for Port Royal, FX’s drama series project produced by Graham King’s GK-tv, Gale Anne Hurd’s Valhalla Entertainment, FX Prods. and Fox International Channels. Based on the original idea by Hurd, Port Royal is set in the late 17th century on the island of Jamaica and chronicles the namesake port’s notorious rise as the “richest and wickedest city” in the new world, and as a self-governing safe haven for cutthroat pirates, corrupt politicians and ruthless merchants. UTA-repped Rosenbaum will executive produce the project with Hurd and GK-tv’s King, Tim Headington and Craig Cegielski. This marks Rosenbaum’s return to FX, where he worked on The Shield before switching to broadcast with stints on Chuck and V. If it goes to series, Port Royal will air on FX domestically and on the Fox International Channels abroad.
Scott Rosenbaum To Write FX's 'Port Royal'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest International News
- ‘Paddington 2’ Sets Rotten Tomatoes Record As Best-Reviewed Movie Ever
- ‘Valerian’ Helps Propel 2017 French Film Exports After Dismal 2016: Unifrance
- Sony Pictures Worldwide Scores ‘Hearts Beat Loud’ Deal For International – Sundance
- Cinedigm Teams With China’s Starrise Media For Distribution And Production
- Warner Bros Nabs Domestic Distribution For ‘Detective Chinatown’ Sequel
- Marion Cotillard Weighs In On Woody Allen, Says Catherine Deneuve Letter Doesn’t Represent Her