From aliens to pirates — V executive producer/showrunner Scott Rosenbaum has been tapped to write the pilot script for Port Royal, FX’s drama series project produced by Graham King’s GK-tv, Gale Anne Hurd’s Valhalla Entertainment, FX Prods. and Fox International Channels. Based on the original idea by Hurd, Port Royal is set in the late 17th century on the island of Jamaica and chronicles the namesake port’s notorious rise as the “richest and wickedest city” in the new world, and as a self-governing safe haven for cutthroat pirates, corrupt politicians and ruthless merchants. UTA-repped Rosenbaum will executive produce the project with Hurd and GK-tv’s King, Tim Headington and Craig Cegielski. This marks Rosenbaum’s return to FX, where he worked on The Shield before switching to broadcast with stints on Chuck and V. If it goes to series, Port Royal will air on FX domestically and on the Fox International Channels abroad.
Scott Rosenbaum To Write FX's 'Port Royal'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice': 2 New TV Spots Promote Gotham City, Metropolis & Turkish Airlines
Latest International News
- ‘Bethlehem’ Director Yuval Adler To Helm Eco-Thriller ‘The Last Of The Tribe’
- Feds Probing ‘Wolf Of Wall Street’ Producer Red Granite’s Money Relationships
- ‘The Lobster’ Trailer: Colin Farrell & Rachel Weisz In Offbeat Near-Future Love Story
- Hasbro Raises Dividend With Help From Strong ‘Star Wars’ Toy Sales In Q4
- Industry Icon Stephen Garrett Launching New Company Character Seven, Teaming With Lionsgate + Hulu On ‘The Rook’
- Fortissimo Films Inks Multi-Pic Deal With Chinese Filmmaker Zhang Wei – Berlin