From aliens to pirates — V executive producer/showrunner Scott Rosenbaum has been tapped to write the pilot script for Port Royal, FX’s drama series project produced by Graham King’s GK-tv, Gale Anne Hurd’s Valhalla Entertainment, FX Prods. and Fox International Channels. Based on the original idea by Hurd, Port Royal is set in the late 17th century on the island of Jamaica and chronicles the namesake port’s notorious rise as the “richest and wickedest city” in the new world, and as a self-governing safe haven for cutthroat pirates, corrupt politicians and ruthless merchants. UTA-repped Rosenbaum will executive produce the project with Hurd and GK-tv’s King, Tim Headington and Craig Cegielski. This marks Rosenbaum’s return to FX, where he worked on The Shield before switching to broadcast with stints on Chuck and V. If it goes to series, Port Royal will air on FX domestically and on the Fox International Channels abroad.
Scott Rosenbaum To Write FX's 'Port Royal'
What's Hot on Deadline
Gary Oldman Spent 200 Hours In Make-Up Chair To Become Winston Churchill In 'Darkest Hour' -- CinemaCon
Christopher Nolan Shows Off 'Dunkirk,' Says “The Only Way To Carry You Through” The Film Is At A Theater – CinemaCon
Latest International News
- No. 5 ‘Zootopia’ Box Office Profits – 2016 Most Valuable Movie Blockbuster Tournament
- Creative BC Hires Film Commissioner; ‘Lion’s’ Saroo Brierley To Speak At NAFA Charity Event; Starz Play Inks Deal With NBCUni Int…
- ‘War And Peace’ Helmer Tom Harper To Direct ‘The Rocks’ For Entertainment One
- Legendary CMO Emily Castel Exits As Company Winds Down London-Based Marketing Operations
- No. 6 ‘The Jungle Book’ Box Office Profits – 2016 Most Valuable Movie Blockbuster Tournament
- Channel 4 Privatization Plans Shelved As Government Mulls Moving Broadcaster Out Of London