From aliens to pirates — V executive producer/showrunner Scott Rosenbaum has been tapped to write the pilot script for Port Royal, FX’s drama series project produced by Graham King’s GK-tv, Gale Anne Hurd’s Valhalla Entertainment, FX Prods. and Fox International Channels. Based on the original idea by Hurd, Port Royal is set in the late 17th century on the island of Jamaica and chronicles the namesake port’s notorious rise as the “richest and wickedest city” in the new world, and as a self-governing safe haven for cutthroat pirates, corrupt politicians and ruthless merchants. UTA-repped Rosenbaum will executive produce the project with Hurd and GK-tv’s King, Tim Headington and Craig Cegielski. This marks Rosenbaum’s return to FX, where he worked on The Shield before switching to broadcast with stints on Chuck and V. If it goes to series, Port Royal will air on FX domestically and on the Fox International Channels abroad.
Scott Rosenbaum To Write FX's 'Port Royal'
What's Hot on Deadline
Patton Oswalt Responds To Arrest In Golden State Killer Case, The Subject Of Late Wife's Book "I'll Be Gone In The Dark"
Latest International News
- Fox Film Boss Stacey Snider On Industry Consolidation Like Disney-Fox: “Just Buckle Up And Take The Ride”…
- ‘Avatar’ Producer Jon Landau Updates On Sequel & ‘Alita: Battle Angel’ – CinemaCon
- Guy Pearce Stars & Imperative’s Dan Friedkin Directs ‘Lyrebird’, About Art Forger Whose Paintings…
- Will Forte & Claudia O’Doherty Join Cast Of Irish Comedy ‘Extra Ordinary’
- BFI Responds To Labour’s Damning Diversity Verdict And Call For Inclusion Riders With Film & TV Tax Relief
- Comcast Makes Formal $31B Rival Bid For Pay TV Giant Sky, Directors Nix Fox Recommendation