From aliens to pirates — V executive producer/showrunner Scott Rosenbaum has been tapped to write the pilot script for Port Royal, FX’s drama series project produced by Graham King’s GK-tv, Gale Anne Hurd’s Valhalla Entertainment, FX Prods. and Fox International Channels. Based on the original idea by Hurd, Port Royal is set in the late 17th century on the island of Jamaica and chronicles the namesake port’s notorious rise as the “richest and wickedest city” in the new world, and as a self-governing safe haven for cutthroat pirates, corrupt politicians and ruthless merchants. UTA-repped Rosenbaum will executive produce the project with Hurd and GK-tv’s King, Tim Headington and Craig Cegielski. This marks Rosenbaum’s return to FX, where he worked on The Shield before switching to broadcast with stints on Chuck and V. If it goes to series, Port Royal will air on FX domestically and on the Fox International Channels abroad.
Scott Rosenbaum To Write FX's 'Port Royal'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest International News
- Amazon Studios Takes Flight With Hot Package ‘The Aeronauts’
- ‘Sand Storm’ Trailer: Israel’s Oscar Submission Headed To Netflix
- Amazon’s ‘The Collection’ Scores China Deal; HBO Asia Dives Into First Original Comedy; Endemol Shine Israel CEO Exits…
- Vice Media Forms Content Partnership With UK’s Guardian Newspaper
- ‘Rogue One’ China Trailer Lands With More Footage Of Chinese Stars
- Mel Gibson’s ‘Hacksaw Ridge’ Sweeps Australia’s AACTA Awards