From aliens to pirates — V executive producer/showrunner Scott Rosenbaum has been tapped to write the pilot script for Port Royal, FX’s drama series project produced by Graham King’s GK-tv, Gale Anne Hurd’s Valhalla Entertainment, FX Prods. and Fox International Channels. Based on the original idea by Hurd, Port Royal is set in the late 17th century on the island of Jamaica and chronicles the namesake port’s notorious rise as the “richest and wickedest city” in the new world, and as a self-governing safe haven for cutthroat pirates, corrupt politicians and ruthless merchants. UTA-repped Rosenbaum will executive produce the project with Hurd and GK-tv’s King, Tim Headington and Craig Cegielski. This marks Rosenbaum’s return to FX, where he worked on The Shield before switching to broadcast with stints on Chuck and V. If it goes to series, Port Royal will air on FX domestically and on the Fox International Channels abroad.
Scott Rosenbaum To Write FX's 'Port Royal'
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Renews & Expands 'Southern Charm', Sets More 'Shahs Of Sunset' & 'Million Dollar Listing New York'
Latest International News
- ‘The Secret Life Of Pets’ Woofs It Past $500M At International Box Office
- Sergei Bodrov To Direct ‘Samson And Delilah’ – AFM
- Joachim Rønning Attached To Direct David Heyman’s ‘Methuselah’ With Tom Cruise
- UK High Court Orders ISPs To Block 13 Piracy Websites
- Viacom Board Poised To Give CEO Job To International Networks Chief Bob Bakish
- Peter Bart: Euros Baffled By U.S. Mega-Deals, But Still Hustle For U.S. Tourists