Despite all the media attention, maybe it doesn’t matter who the anchor of third-place-ranked CBS Evening News after all. Consider this – in his first week as the new anchor, Scott Pelley drew an average of 5.718 million viewers. In her final month, his predecessor Katie Couric averaged an almost identical 5.713 million viewers. And Harry Smith, who served as interim anchor between Couric’s departure and Pelley’s arrival posted 5.784 million.
Scott Pelley Did Not Move Ratings Needle In First Week As CBS Evening News Anchor
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- ABC Nabs Medical Drama From David Marshall Grant & Vendetta As Put Pilot
- NBC Buys Conspiracy Drama From Greg Berlanti & Martin Gero
- TNT & TBS Head Of Programming Michael Wright To Depart
- Johnny Knoxville Inks First Look Deal With ABC Studios, Sells Family Comedy To ABC