Despite all the media attention, maybe it doesn’t matter who the anchor of third-place-ranked CBS Evening News after all. Consider this – in his first week as the new anchor, Scott Pelley drew an average of 5.718 million viewers. In her final month, his predecessor Katie Couric averaged an almost identical 5.713 million viewers. And Harry Smith, who served as interim anchor between Couric’s departure and Pelley’s arrival posted 5.784 million.
Scott Pelley Did Not Move Ratings Needle In First Week As CBS Evening News Anchor
What's Hot on Deadline
Stephen Colbert: Donald Trump Looked Un-Prepared At Debate, Hillary Clinton Looked "Like Preparation H"
Hollywood Wastes No Time Responding To Donald & Hillary; Megyn Kelly & Rosie O'Donnell Get The Last Word, For Now
Latest TV News
- Stephen Colbert: Donald Trump Looked Un-Prepared At Debate, Hillary Clinton Looked “Like Preparation H”
- Hollywood Wastes No Time Responding To Donald & Hillary; Megyn Kelly & Rosie O’Donnell Get The Last Word…
- Herman Echevarria Sr. Dies: ‘Real Housewives Of Miami’ Husband Was 61
- Donald Trump Vs. Hillary Clinton: Deadline Live Blogs The Debate
- ‘Supergirl’ Season 2 Trailer: National City Welcomes The Man Of Steel
- ‘Modern Family’ Casts Transgender Child Actor