Despite all the media attention, maybe it doesn’t matter who the anchor of third-place-ranked CBS Evening News after all. Consider this – in his first week as the new anchor, Scott Pelley drew an average of 5.718 million viewers. In her final month, his predecessor Katie Couric averaged an almost identical 5.713 million viewers. And Harry Smith, who served as interim anchor between Couric’s departure and Pelley’s arrival posted 5.784 million.
Scott Pelley Did Not Move Ratings Needle In First Week As CBS Evening News Anchor
What's Hot on Deadline
M Night Shyamalan Unveils 'Glass': 'Unbreakable' & 'Split' Sequel To Star Bruce Willis, Samuel L Jackson, James McAvoy
Mindy Kaling & 3 Arts Option Alyssa Mastromonaco White House Memoir 'Who Thought This Was A Good Idea?' For TV
DC Digital Service To Launch With 'Titans' Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And 'Young Justice: Outsiders'
Latest TV News
- ’13 Reasons Why’ Nears Season 2 Renewal At Netflix
- ‘The Simpsons’ Looks At Donald Trump’s First 100 Days In Office
- Dish Network & Hearst TV End Blackout With New Deal
- ‘Singularity’: Amanda Lund To Star In FX Comedy Pilot
- ESPN Layoffs: Jayson Stark & Trent Dilfer Among Several Big Names Let Go By Sports Giant – Update
- ‘Downton Abbey’ Global Exhibition Set To Kick Off In June