Young Australian actor Ryan Corr has been awarded this year’s Heath Ledger Scholarship by Australians in Film. Corr graduated from NIDA in 2009 after working for years on Australian TV. The Heath Ledger Scholarship is in its third year and gives Aussie actors a chance to travel to the US to further training and get acting opportunities. He signed with WME and is looking for those roles. Scholarship worked well for last year’s recipient Bella Heathcote, who has landed roles in the David Chase-directed Twylight Zones and the Tim Burton-directed Dark Shadows.
Ryan Corr Gets Heath Ledger Scholarship
Trending Now on Deadline
Oscar Watch: From Aniston To Bening To Rowlands Best Actress Dark Horses Make Their Move In "Thin" Field
More From Fleming Jr
- Bart & Fleming: On 'Birdman,' Sony PR Tsuris, Mike Nichols And Bill Cosby
- Hobbit Sings Sweet Farewell To Middle Earth
- Charles Sipkins Exiting Sony As Corporate PR Head
- Jean-Marc Vallee To Direct Amy Adams In Janis Joplin Biopic
- Katee Sackhoff Gets 'Girl Flu'
- Richard Linklater Cast For Career Achievement Award