EXCLUSIVE: A month after Rules of Engagement landed a full-season renewal by CBS, bringing its episode count to 96, the veteran comedy series has been sold in broadcast syndication. Sony Pictures Television has cleared Rules in 45% of the country, including the top three markets, in a series of barter deals with station groups. In New York, Rules has been sold to Tribune’s WPIX-TV New York, in Los Angeles to CBS’ KCAL-TV and in Chicago to Weigel’s WCIU-TV. “The show’s compatibility with The Big Bang Theory and Two and a Half Men, combined with its strong, consistent performance on CBS among male viewers, has been a major enticement to local stations,” said SPT’s president of U.S. distribution John Weiser. “It’s a win-win for buyers because the show repeats better than any comedy on television.” SPT is producing Rules with Happy Madison and CBS TV Studios, with Tom Hertz, Doug Robinson and Jack Giarraputo executive producing. Cable syndication for the show is pending.
'Rules Of Engagement' Sold In Broadcast Syndication, Cleared In 45% Of U.S.
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
'Justice League' Currently Stumbling With $97M+ Opening: Are 'Wonder' & 'Thor' Cutting Into Business?
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Jeffrey Tambor Accused By 'Transparent' Actress Of Sexual Harassment; Actor Admits "Flaws," Says "Misinterpreted"
'The Royals' Female Cast & Crew Members Speak Out, Accuse Showrunner Mark Schwahn Of Sexual Harassment
Latest TV News
- Actress Accuses ‘Girls’ EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Showrunners Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him…
- Netflix Orders Comedy Series Starring Rev Run From Amblin TV & ABC Signature
- ‘She’s Gotta Have It’ Review: Gotta Watch Spike Lee’s TV Version Of 1986 Movie
- CBS Gives ‘S.W.A.T’ Full-Season Order, Picks Up 3 More Episodes Of ‘9JKL’, No Decision Yet On ‘Wisdom Of the Crowd…
- ‘Dietland’ Casts Ricardo Davila As Regular; Dale Whibley Joins ‘Ice’
- Liza Koshy To Star In New YouTube Red Comedy Series ‘Liza On Demand’