After months of speculation, HBO today officially confirmed that it will carry Life’s Too Short, the new comedy series from Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant, creators of The Office, Extras and The Ricky Gervais Show. The seven-episode series, which will debut on BBC Two later this year, will air on HBO in 2012. Like The Office and Extras, Life’s Too Short is a faux documentary. It stars 3 ft. 6 in. actor Warwick Davis as a fictionalized version of himself: a down-and-out little person desperately trying to hustle and connive his way back into the spotlight. Each episode will feature cameos by stars, including Johnny Depp, Sting and Steve Carell, along with Gervais and Merchant playing themselves in minor roles. Other cast regulars include Jo Enright as Davis’ wife Sue and Rosamund Hanson as his assistant Cheryl. Here is the first teaser released by BBC Two:
Ricky Gervais' New BBC Series 'Life's Too Short' To Air On HBO In 2012, See Teaser
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'