BREAKING: Relativity Media will distribute Haywire, the Steven Soderbergh-directed action film that will get a Jan. 20, 2012 release date. Though Relativity Media financed the pic, it was originally going to be released domestically by Lionsgate. I’m told it was a better fit for Relativity. The film will be released overseas by Lionsgate. It becomes the second film in two days to move from Lionsgate to Relativity Media. The other was Machine Gun Preacher, and that one moved because director Marc Forster wanted it released this year and Lionsgate was unable to accommodate it because of a busy fall schedule.
Relativity To Distribute Steven Soderbergh-Directed 'Haywire'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Isabelle Huppert & Michael Haneke On Their ‘Happy End’ – Cannes Studio
- Deadheads High On 'Long Strange Trip'; Teresa Palmer Stars in 'Berlin Syndrome' – Specialty Box Office Preview
- Oscilloscope Lights Fuse On Fireforks Docu ‘Brimstone & Glory’ — Cannes
- ‘Baywatch’ Catches Estimated $4.5M Surf, ‘Pirates’ Previews To Come — Box Office Friday AM
- Cohen Media Closing In On Michel Hazanavicius’ Godard Film ‘Redoubtable:’ Cannes
- Manchester Attack Updates: Netflix Cancels London Screenings; Liam Gallagher To Donate Profits From Upcoming Gig To Victims