With President Barack Obama’s speech on Afghanistan taking over the first 16 minutes of primetime, there will be significant ratings adjustments when the final numbers are released later today. But when all is set and done, the first Wednesday edition of NBC’s The Voice is expected to be down from the show’s recent Tuesday outings, with Fox’s So You Think You Can Dance also taking a hit. The Voice aired from 8:16-9:16 PM, immediately following the speech. In the 8:30-9 PM half-hour, it averaged a 3.3/10 in 18-49. That was down from Tuesday’s 9-11 PM telecast, which drew a 4.3/12 in the fast nationals. Judging by America’s Got Talent‘s 9:30-10 PM performance (3.9/11 in 18-49), the talent show, which aired an hourlong episode from 9:16-10:16 PM, may be up a bit from its most recent Wednesday original two weeks ago (3.6/10), which ran from 9-11 PM. NBC is poised to easily win the night with a 3.3/10 in 18-49 and 11.1 million viewers. With soccer coverage, Univision was second in the demo (2.6/8, 5.4 million). Fox (2.0/6, 5.8 million) was third, with So You Think You Can Dance (2.1/6 from 8:30-10 PM) down 22% from last week when the show aired against Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Final. The only other first-run offering last night was ABC News’ Beyond Belief special (1.3/4) at 10 PM, which was down 19% from last Wednesday’s special.
RATINGS RAT RACE: 'Dance' Down, 'The Voice' Starts Low On New Night
What's Hot on Deadline
James Franco & Maggie Gyllenhaal 1970s Porn HBO Series 'The Deuce': It's Not Misogyny, It's Business - TCA
Netflix 'Triple Frontier' Eyes August Start; Mark Wahlberg, Charlie Hunnam, Garrett Hedlund, Pedro Pascal In Talks
Trevor Noah Discusses Donald Trump Transgender Troop Firing With Two Army Veterans On 'The Daily Show'
Latest TV News
- Canal Plus Books Appointment With Joann Sfar’s ‘Monsters’ Shrink’ Vampire Series
- June Foray Dies: Voice Of Rocky From ‘The Bullwinkle Show’ Was 99
- Trevor Noah Discusses Donald Trump Transgender Troop Firing With Two Army Veterans On ‘The Daily Show’
- Stephen Colbert Blasts Donald Trump For Firing Transgender Troops By Tweet
- Jimmy Fallon Invites Transgender Comedian To Ding Donald Trump’s Military Ban On ‘Tonight Show’
- HBO Boss On Jon Stewart’s Scrapped Animated Series & Possible Late-Night Return