With President Barack Obama’s speech on Afghanistan taking over the first 16 minutes of primetime, there will be significant ratings adjustments when the final numbers are released later today. But when all is set and done, the first Wednesday edition of NBC’s The Voice is expected to be down from the show’s recent Tuesday outings, with Fox’s So You Think You Can Dance also taking a hit. The Voice aired from 8:16-9:16 PM, immediately following the speech. In the 8:30-9 PM half-hour, it averaged a 3.3/10 in 18-49. That was down from Tuesday’s 9-11 PM telecast, which drew a 4.3/12 in the fast nationals. Judging by America’s Got Talent‘s 9:30-10 PM performance (3.9/11 in 18-49), the talent show, which aired an hourlong episode from 9:16-10:16 PM, may be up a bit from its most recent Wednesday original two weeks ago (3.6/10), which ran from 9-11 PM. NBC is poised to easily win the night with a 3.3/10 in 18-49 and 11.1 million viewers. With soccer coverage, Univision was second in the demo (2.6/8, 5.4 million). Fox (2.0/6, 5.8 million) was third, with So You Think You Can Dance (2.1/6 from 8:30-10 PM) down 22% from last week when the show aired against Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Final. The only other first-run offering last night was ABC News’ Beyond Belief special (1.3/4) at 10 PM, which was down 19% from last Wednesday’s special.
RATINGS RAT RACE: 'Dance' Down, 'The Voice' Starts Low On New Night
What's Hot on Deadline
Veterans 'Elementary', '2 Broke Girls', 'Criminal Minds' & 'Amazing Race' Among Series Left In Limbo After CBS Renewals
CBS Renews 5 Freshman & 11 Returning Series, Including 'MacGyver', 'Superior Donuts', 'Life In Pieces' & 'Hawaii Five-0'
Latest TV News
- ‘Grace And Frankie’: Marta Kauffman On Season 3, Dolly Parton & Why It’s Great To Be A Woman
- ‘Lucifer’ Season 3 To Be Supersized After 4 Season 2 Episodes Migrate To 2017-18
- Adrien Brody Joins ‘Peaky Blinders’ Season 4; First Story Elements Revealed
- ‘Real Life’: Bret Harrison Cast In CBS Comedy Pilot From Hilary Winston
- All Eyes On Donald Trump Twitter Account After Trumpcare Vote Postponed
- Sean Spicer Swats CNN On Russian Collusion Report: More Evidence CNN Colluded With Hillary Clinton