With President Barack Obama’s speech on Afghanistan taking over the first 16 minutes of primetime, there will be significant ratings adjustments when the final numbers are released later today. But when all is set and done, the first Wednesday edition of NBC’s The Voice is expected to be down from the show’s recent Tuesday outings, with Fox’s So You Think You Can Dance also taking a hit. The Voice aired from 8:16-9:16 PM, immediately following the speech. In the 8:30-9 PM half-hour, it averaged a 3.3/10 in 18-49. That was down from Tuesday’s 9-11 PM telecast, which drew a 4.3/12 in the fast nationals. Judging by America’s Got Talent‘s 9:30-10 PM performance (3.9/11 in 18-49), the talent show, which aired an hourlong episode from 9:16-10:16 PM, may be up a bit from its most recent Wednesday original two weeks ago (3.6/10), which ran from 9-11 PM. NBC is poised to easily win the night with a 3.3/10 in 18-49 and 11.1 million viewers. With soccer coverage, Univision was second in the demo (2.6/8, 5.4 million). Fox (2.0/6, 5.8 million) was third, with So You Think You Can Dance (2.1/6 from 8:30-10 PM) down 22% from last week when the show aired against Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Final. The only other first-run offering last night was ABC News’ Beyond Belief special (1.3/4) at 10 PM, which was down 19% from last Wednesday’s special.
RATINGS RAT RACE: 'Dance' Down, 'The Voice' Starts Low On New Night
What's Hot on Deadline
Shania Twain Clarifies Comments On Supporting Trump, Says She's "Passionately Against Discrimination"
Stormy Daniels' Lawyer Says Relationship Between Cohen And Hannity "Far More Extensive" Than People Believe
'Smallville' Actress Allison Mack Arrested In Sex Trafficking Scheme, Faces 15 Years To Life If Convicted
'Sharp Objects' Trailer Gives A Chilling First Look At Amy Adams In HBO Adaptation Of Gillian Flynn Novel
Latest TV News
- 'The Split': Creator Abi Morgan Files Papers On Female-Led Divorce Drama For BBC One & SundanceTV
- John Oliver Compares Donald Trump Administration To ‘Sharknado’
- ‘Westworld’ Season 2 Premiere Recap: Time’s Up In The Park
- ‘Sharp Objects’ Trailer Gives A Chilling First Look At Amy Adams In HBO Adaptation Of Gillian Flynn Novel
- ‘Westworld’ Season 2 Review: The Robot Revolution Will Be Televised, Beautifully
- ‘Fixer Upper’ Spin-off ‘Woodworker’ To Bow On DIY Network