NBC changed the configuration of its Tuesday lineup last night – from a two-hour America’s Got Talent and an hourlong The Voice last week to an hourlong Talent and a two-hour The Voice. Both shows slipped in the transition. Talent (3.6/12 in adults 18-49, 12.7 million viewers) was down 16% from last week, while The Voice (4.5/12, 12.2 million), which aired its first live show last night, was down 8%. Still, the 4.5 demo rating is very strong for a summer telecast. NBC will likely win the night in total viewers pending time-zone adjusted results for Game 4 of the NBA Finals. ABC’s broadcast of the game, won by the Dallas Mavericks after some last-minute heroics, is expected to lift ABC to the top spot for the night in 18-49. The game delivered an 11.1 overnight rating, the highest of any program last night. Like it has been the pattern for the first 3 games, last night’s face-off was down slightly from last year’s Game 4 between the Lakers and the Celtics (-4%) but higher than the corresponding games the previous 6 years, including the one between Miami Heat and Dallas Mavericks in 2006 (+22%). The only other fresh offering last night was the Tuesday season premiere of Fox’s MasterChef (1.9/6), which was up a tenth from its Monday season premiere.
RATINGS RAT RACE: 'Talent', 'Voice' Slip
What's Hot on Deadline
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
'Black Panther' Director Ryan Coogler Writes Letter Of Gratitude After Film's Record-Breaking Weekend
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: At $242M Superhero Owns 2nd Best 4-Day Opening & Defeats 'Last Jedi' - Update
Latest TV News
- ‘Lost In Space’: Netflix Remake Gets Premiere Date & First Look
- Reverend Billy Graham Dies: Leading Evangelical Figure Was 99
- Jimmy Kimmel Explains His Caught-On-Camera Reaction To Fergie’s Sultry Singing Of National Anthem
- Culture Book ‘Consider Phlebas’ Getting TV Series Adaptation At Amazon By Plan B and Dennis Kelly
- ‘Working With Weinstein’ Doc Secures Just Under 1M Viewers With New Revelations And Interviews
- Gunpowder Sales; James Corden UK Deal; Fremantle/BBCW Benelux; All3M Australia – Global Briefs