NBC changed the configuration of its Tuesday lineup last night – from a two-hour America’s Got Talent and an hourlong The Voice last week to an hourlong Talent and a two-hour The Voice. Both shows slipped in the transition. Talent (3.6/12 in adults 18-49, 12.7 million viewers) was down 16% from last week, while The Voice (4.5/12, 12.2 million), which aired its first live show last night, was down 8%. Still, the 4.5 demo rating is very strong for a summer telecast. NBC will likely win the night in total viewers pending time-zone adjusted results for Game 4 of the NBA Finals. ABC’s broadcast of the game, won by the Dallas Mavericks after some last-minute heroics, is expected to lift ABC to the top spot for the night in 18-49. The game delivered an 11.1 overnight rating, the highest of any program last night. Like it has been the pattern for the first 3 games, last night’s face-off was down slightly from last year’s Game 4 between the Lakers and the Celtics (-4%) but higher than the corresponding games the previous 6 years, including the one between Miami Heat and Dallas Mavericks in 2006 (+22%). The only other fresh offering last night was the Tuesday season premiere of Fox’s MasterChef (1.9/6), which was up a tenth from its Monday season premiere.
RATINGS RAT RACE: 'Talent', 'Voice' Slip
What's Hot on Deadline
'Nashville' Creator Callie Khouri On Tragic Twist, Its Inevitability & Aftermath And Why Fans Should Keep Watching
Bill Maher Under Gun Over Late-'90s Video Condoning Sex Between 33-Year-Old Teacher And 12-Year-Old Student
Latest TV News
- Pondering The Imponderable: How A Restructured Hollywood Would Deal With Striking Writers
- Univision Pulls Ads For Pulse Shooting Show Segment; Club Owner, Mothers, Victims, GLAAD Press Network To Stop “Blood Bath”…
- Republican Congressman Darrell Issa’s ‘Real Time’ Surprise Call For Special Prosecutor Gains Traction
- ‘The Good Fight’ Adds Nyambi Nyambi As Recurring
- 'American Girl': Gwendoline Yeo To Star In Amazon's Special 'Ivy & Julie 1976: A Happy Balance'
- ‘MacGyver’ Rebounds In Demo Ratings, ‘Shark Tank’ & ‘Hawaii Five-0’ Top Night