It’s hard to get excited about ratings on a night featuring only two hours of original programming on the English-language broadcast networks. With the NBA Finals over, it was down to a reality show (Fox’s So You Think You Can Dance) and a scripted burnoff (Love Bites) last night in terms of fresh offerings. From 8-9 PM, the first SYTYCD result show this season posted a 2.1/8 in adults 18-49, down 16% from last week’s two-hour Meet the Top 20 episode. Versus the same telecast last year, last night’s SYTYCD (6.3 million viewers) was down 9% in 18-49 and up 2% in total viewers. Fox (1.6/5), which aired a Glee rerun at 9 PM, edged ABC’s and CBS’ all-rerun lineups to finish No. 1 on the night in 18-49, while CBS was tops in total viewers (7.2 million). NBC finished a distant fifth in both measures (it was also surpassed by Univision) with a 0.9/3 in 18-49 and 2.6 million viewers, not helped by an original Love Bites (0.9/3, 2.3 million) at 10 PM. The dramedy series was even with its fast national 18-49 result from last week and down a tenth from the final.
RATINGS RAT RACE: 'So You Think You Can Dance' Slips But Fox Still Wins Thursday
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fear The Walking Dead' Finale: Gale Anne Hurd On Season 2, 'Walking Dead' Season 6 & No Zombie Apocalypse Crossover
'Martian' 2nd-Best Opening For October, Damon & Scott Despite Losing Fuel Sunday; Verdi Trips 'Walk' - B.O. Postmortem
'Collateral Beauty' Director Alfonso Gomez-Rejon Exits Project Over Creative Differences With Studio
Latest TV News
- ABC Buys Legal Drama ‘Conviction’ From Mark Gordon Company As Put Pilot
- ‘Gotham’ EP On Tonight’s Joker Origin Shocker & Honoring The Batman Legacy
- Roger Bart Joins ‘Graves’ On Epix; Tembi Locke In USA Pilot ‘Shooter’
- Harvey Weinstein & BBC Debut ‘War And Peace’ Footage, Talk Future Collaborations – Mipcom
- Does Lionsgate Have Starz In Its Eyes?
- Nancy Drew Drama Series In Works At CBS