It’s hard to get excited about ratings on a night featuring only two hours of original programming on the English-language broadcast networks. With the NBA Finals over, it was down to a reality show (Fox’s So You Think You Can Dance) and a scripted burnoff (Love Bites) last night in terms of fresh offerings. From 8-9 PM, the first SYTYCD result show this season posted a 2.1/8 in adults 18-49, down 16% from last week’s two-hour Meet the Top 20 episode. Versus the same telecast last year, last night’s SYTYCD (6.3 million viewers) was down 9% in 18-49 and up 2% in total viewers. Fox (1.6/5), which aired a Glee rerun at 9 PM, edged ABC’s and CBS’ all-rerun lineups to finish No. 1 on the night in 18-49, while CBS was tops in total viewers (7.2 million). NBC finished a distant fifth in both measures (it was also surpassed by Univision) with a 0.9/3 in 18-49 and 2.6 million viewers, not helped by an original Love Bites (0.9/3, 2.3 million) at 10 PM. The dramedy series was even with its fast national 18-49 result from last week and down a tenth from the final.
RATINGS RAT RACE: 'So You Think You Can Dance' Slips But Fox Still Wins Thursday
What's Hot on Deadline
Jared Kushner Repeats "I Did Not Collude" Doctrine In Rare Public Speech After Meeting With Senate Intel Staff
'Dunkirk' Takes Box Office By Storm With $55.4M No. 1 Spot For $105M+ Global Opening; 'Valerian' $23.5M Start - Int'l Box Office
Latest TV News
- ‘Modern Family’ Young Adult Cast Members Ink New Deals With Pay Bumps
- ‘Candy’ Crushed In Sunday Ratings
- PalmStar Media Closes Near $12M National Lampoon Deal; Can Laugh Brand Regain Luster?
- Cinema Audio Society Sets 2018 Awards Date, Timeline
- Jared Kushner Repeats “I Did Not Collude” Doctrine In Rare Public Speech After Meeting With Senate Intel Staff
- ‘The Oath’: Robert Gossett & Isaac Keys Set To Recur In Crackle Drama Series