It’s hard to get excited about ratings on a night featuring only two hours of original programming on the English-language broadcast networks. With the NBA Finals over, it was down to a reality show (Fox’s So You Think You Can Dance) and a scripted burnoff (Love Bites) last night in terms of fresh offerings. From 8-9 PM, the first SYTYCD result show this season posted a 2.1/8 in adults 18-49, down 16% from last week’s two-hour Meet the Top 20 episode. Versus the same telecast last year, last night’s SYTYCD (6.3 million viewers) was down 9% in 18-49 and up 2% in total viewers. Fox (1.6/5), which aired a Glee rerun at 9 PM, edged ABC’s and CBS’ all-rerun lineups to finish No. 1 on the night in 18-49, while CBS was tops in total viewers (7.2 million). NBC finished a distant fifth in both measures (it was also surpassed by Univision) with a 0.9/3 in 18-49 and 2.6 million viewers, not helped by an original Love Bites (0.9/3, 2.3 million) at 10 PM. The dramedy series was even with its fast national 18-49 result from last week and down a tenth from the final.
RATINGS RAT RACE: 'So You Think You Can Dance' Slips But Fox Still Wins Thursday
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- HBO Developing Musical Comedy From Bruce Eric Kaplan
- Mark Burnett & Roma Downey Producing Guardian Angels Drama For NBC
- Ellen Pompeo To Produce Cop Drama For ABC
- Astronaut Family Comedy Lands At ABC With Pilot Production Commitment
- Bow Wow To Co-Star In CBS' 'CSI: Cyber'
- TBS To Air First Season Of CBS Comedy 'Mom'