Game 5 of the NBA Finals on ABC was once again the top program last night. The game, in which Dallas held off Miami’s fourth-quarter rally to win 112-103, delivered a 12.6 overnight household rating. And again, that was slightly down from last year’s Game 5 between the LA Lakers and Boston Celtics (12.8 rating) but higher than the corresponding games the previous six years, including the Heat-Mavericks face-off in 2006 (10.1 rating). ABC is projected to win Thursday night in total viewers and adults 18-49 when final ratings are released this afternoon. Airing against the game, Fox’s reality series So You Think You Can Dance (2.4/7) was down 17% from last week. The only other original offering last night, NBC’s burnoff dramedy Love Bites (0.9/2), was down a tenth from last week’s low-rated debut in the 10 PM slot.
RATINGS RAT RACE: 'So You Think You Can Dance' Drops Against NBA Finals
What's Hot on Deadline
Family-Branded Films On Fire: 'Beauty And The Beast' Headed To $90M+; 'Power Rangers' Mighty With $40M+
'Westworld' Team On The Series' Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution - PaleyFest
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- Podcaster Jon Lovett Says CNN Hires “Silly, Craven” Conservatives
- The President Trumpets Jeanine Pirro: Is Paul Ryan Just Collateral Damage?
- ‘Westworld’ Team On The Series’ Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution…
- ‘Pretty Little Liars’ Cast And EPs Talk “Huge Twist” And Final Episodes – PaleyFest
- Dan Aykroyd, Griffin Dunne Remember Carrie & Debbie, “Beloved Showboats”
- NCAA Basketball Tops Friday Ratings; ‘The Originals’, ‘Sleepy Hollow’ Tick Up In Demo