Another down-to-the-wire game between the Dallas Mavericks and Miami Heat dominated broadcast primetime last night against virtually no original competition. Game 3 of the NBA Finals, won by Miami 88-86 after a controversial call in Miami’s favor early on, drew an 11.1 overnight rating. Just like Game 2, last night’s game was down slightly (3%) from last year’s Game 3 between the L.A. Lakers and Boston Celtics but did better than the six previous NBA Finals Game 3s, including the one in 2006 between the Heat (without LeBron) and the Mavericks, which posted a 9.0 overnight rating. ABC, which also aired Jimmy Kimmel’s pre-game show, will easily win Sunday in both viewers and adults 18-49 when Sunday finals are released tomorrow. The only other first-run programs last night were newsmagazines 60 Minutes (1.3/4, 9.4 million) and Dateline (0.7/2). Of the repeats, Fox’s Family Guy (2.0/5) was the only show to crack the 2 demo-rating mark.
RATINGS RAT RACE: Game 3 Of NBA Finals Down Slightly From Last Year, Wins Sunday
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest TV News
- Wendy Pepper Dies: Contestant On First Season Of ‘Project Runway’ Was 53
- Vice Forms All-Female Advisory In Wake Of Exec’s Conduct Suspension
- ‘True Detective’: Carmen Ejogo To Star In Season 3 Of HBO Anthology Series
- AT&T-Time Warner Merger Antitrust Review Casting Pall Over Fox Talks
- Ryan Seacrest Denies Behaving “Inappropriately” To E! Stylist, Channel Investigating