Another down-to-the-wire game between the Dallas Mavericks and Miami Heat dominated broadcast primetime last night against virtually no original competition. Game 3 of the NBA Finals, won by Miami 88-86 after a controversial call in Miami’s favor early on, drew an 11.1 overnight rating. Just like Game 2, last night’s game was down slightly (3%) from last year’s Game 3 between the L.A. Lakers and Boston Celtics but did better than the six previous NBA Finals Game 3s, including the one in 2006 between the Heat (without LeBron) and the Mavericks, which posted a 9.0 overnight rating. ABC, which also aired Jimmy Kimmel’s pre-game show, will easily win Sunday in both viewers and adults 18-49 when Sunday finals are released tomorrow. The only other first-run programs last night were newsmagazines 60 Minutes (1.3/4, 9.4 million) and Dateline (0.7/2). Of the repeats, Fox’s Family Guy (2.0/5) was the only show to crack the 2 demo-rating mark.
RATINGS RAT RACE: Game 3 Of NBA Finals Down Slightly From Last Year, Wins Sunday
What's Hot on Deadline
Quentin Tarantino Steals The Show At Sony's Slick Presentation Of A Pretty Dark Slate And Very Special Dog - CinemaCon
Quentin Tarantino & Leonardo DiCaprio Make Surprise Appearance At CinemaCon To Talk 'Once Upon A Time In Hollywood'
Latest TV News
- ‘Excessive Force,’ Carl Franklin To Direct With Ice Cube Starring, Is Latest On CubeVision Slate
- Sinclair Prepares To Sell 23 TV Stations In Search Of Tribune Deal OK
- WME Signs Anthony Byrne; ‘In Darkness’ Helmer Set For ‘Peaky Blinders’ Season 5
- ‘The Path’ Canceled After 3 Seasons On Hulu
- Study Finds Diversity In Television On The Rise, But Not Representative Of American Population
- ‘Moonbase 8’ Comedy From Fred Armisen, Tim Heidecker, Jonathan Krisel & John C. Reilly In Works By A24