Another down-to-the-wire game between the Dallas Mavericks and Miami Heat dominated broadcast primetime last night against virtually no original competition. Game 3 of the NBA Finals, won by Miami 88-86 after a controversial call in Miami’s favor early on, drew an 11.1 overnight rating. Just like Game 2, last night’s game was down slightly (3%) from last year’s Game 3 between the L.A. Lakers and Boston Celtics but did better than the six previous NBA Finals Game 3s, including the one in 2006 between the Heat (without LeBron) and the Mavericks, which posted a 9.0 overnight rating. ABC, which also aired Jimmy Kimmel’s pre-game show, will easily win Sunday in both viewers and adults 18-49 when Sunday finals are released tomorrow. The only other first-run programs last night were newsmagazines 60 Minutes (1.3/4, 9.4 million) and Dateline (0.7/2). Of the repeats, Fox’s Family Guy (2.0/5) was the only show to crack the 2 demo-rating mark.
RATINGS RAT RACE: Game 3 Of NBA Finals Down Slightly From Last Year, Wins Sunday
What's Hot on Deadline
DC Digital Service To Launch With 'Titans' Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And 'Young Justice: Outsiders'
Latest TV News
- ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’ Review: Elisabeth Moss-Led Adaptation Is Gripping, Chilling
- ‘Prison Break’ Revival Kills Off Major Character
- Stephen Colbert Likens Sean Spicer’s Press Briefings To Soap Opera ‘The Bold And The Babbling’
- Mark Consuelos Joins ‘Riverdale’ For Season 2; ‘Suits’ Casts Dulé Hill
- WGA Contract Talks Over For The Day, Will Resume Wednesday – Update
- Fox News Strike Back At “Copycat” Racial Discrimination Suits From Staff – Update