Viewers had two options for fresh programming on English-language television last night: hockey (for the guys) and dancing (for the gals). The two-hour Wednesday premiere of Fox’s So You Think You Can Dance (3.0/9 in 18-49, 8.4 million viewers) was up 7% from last year’s Wednesday debut in the demo and down 8% from the season opener last Thursday. It was the reality series’ most watched Wednesday telecast in two years, as Fox easily won the night in both viewers and 18-49. Encouraging news for NBC Sports, which recently signed a massive 10-year deal with the NHL: Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Final last night drew a 3.2 overnight rating/6 share, up 14% from last year’s opening game and the best rating for a Game 1 in 12 years. The hockey game will likely edge ABC (1.7/5, 5.1 million), which aired an all-comedy rerun lineup, for second place when the finals are released later today.
RATINGS RAT RACE: Fox Wins With 'SYTYCD', Stanley Cup Game 1 Up
What's Hot on Deadline
Newcomer Katherine Langford On ‘13 Reasons Why’: "It Was The Best First Show I Could Have Ever Done"
Latest TV News
- ‘The Originals’ Season Finale Ratings Even With 2016, ‘WWYD?’ Returns Steady
- ‘Real Time’: Bill Maher Pledges Contribution To Activist Labeled “Anti-Muslim Extremist”
- DGA To Elect New President Saturday At Convention
- ‘The Exorcist’: Jason Ensler Joins Fox Drama Series As Executive Producer
- Stephen Colbert Announces Possible White House Run In 2020, On Russian TV
- Steven Williams Joins ‘The Chi’; Alejandro Edda In ‘Cocaine Godmother’